Stateroom recategorization for the entire "Fun Ship" fleet!

Luluwa

For us here in the know, its fine. But if you never cruised before, and with all these types of staterooms and 3F's and 1A's and 7B's , its all very confusing to the newcomer.

Way to go Carnival

:mad: No way! Stateroom recatagorization for the entire fleet?! Jeepers, now we gotta learn catagories all over again. Just leave it the way it was.:eek:

OK, I need help! If the Aft balconies are now 8g's what are the 9A's. I know you said they were the same price. I just want to know the difference between the two.

We booked 3 6E's on the Conquest for 9/20/09 and they are supposed to become 8F's so I have been informed.

Julie

OK, I need help! If the Aft balconies are now 8g's what are the 9A's. I know you said they were the same price. I just want to know the difference between the two.

We booked 3 6E's on the Conquest for 9/20/09 and they are supposed to become 8F's so I have been informed.

Julie

The prices that were once an 8a is now an 8g the same price as a 9a that has a bigger balcony. 9a's being alot bigger balcony for the same price as at 1/4 of the balcony:(

OH..that just ain't right!!!

*****...I love the aft balconies.

:mad:

Me too, The price is not worth it now unless we have a 9a:p DW will take nothing less:confused: She needs that horizon to look at:p Still going on the Dream Team W/Randy???

Looks like they had the same nut who designed the cabin pricing for Princess redo the ones for Carnival.....Princess has something like 30 different categories of cabins per ship........:eek:

Oh well. If they make more money on the cabins maybe they'll drop the price of a beer ......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Me too, The price is not worth it now unless we have a 9a:p DW will take nothing less:confused: She needs that horizon to look at:p Still going on the Dream Team W/Randy???

Not sure about that one...but I am going on the Splendor...I'm calling about booking an aft on monday before they jack the prices up!!!

:D

Just for the Valor and the aft cabins on the upper deck that was 8a's are now 8g's same price as 9a's. I do not know if any others are out yet or not:confused:

The prices that were once an 8a is now an 8g the same price as a 9a that has a bigger balcony. 9a's being alot bigger balcony for the same price as at 1/4 of the balcony

I just looked at prices for a March cruise and the 8G "Aft view balcony" was cheaper($1019pp) than the 9a "Premium Balcony"($1229pp). I went through a few other weeks and the 8G was on average $225 cheaper per person than a 9a and $90pp more expensive than a 8a.

The (formerly classified) obstructed view 6B's ( 6206, 6204, 6202, 6201, 6203, 6205, 7206, 7204, 7201, 7203, 7205, 9202, 9201, 9203, 1004, 1002, 1001, 1003) at the very front on the higher decks will now be 4G's (interior classification).

I wonder if the "version" now online for Valor is the "final" one or if more changes might be made.... someone must have gotten a new, larger box of crayons to color all those different categories.

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/blogs/esolutions_group/archive/2008/08/15/valor-reseg.aspx

Also

Nice FAQ on ReSegmentation..The last one might effect CC group bookings

https://www.bookccl.com/carnivalvalor_resegmentationFAQ.asp

Re-Segmentation FAQs

Q1: Why is Carnival Cruise Lines re-segmenting their ships?

A1: These changes will align our stateroom categories with the stateroom locations guests tell us they prefer and make it affordable for our guests to buy up into the locations they value.

Q2: When will the re-segmentation of the ships be complete?

A2: The process will be completed in phases over the next several months with the entire fleet completed by the end of this year.

Q3: Will Carnival Cruise Lines’ Marketing materials be updated to reflect the new categories?

A3: The new deck plans will be available for viewing on Carnival.com as well as Carnival’s Brand Center as each class of ship undergoes the re-segmentation process. The brochures will also be updated with the new deck plans by the end of the year.

Q4: Will current bookings be affected?

A4: The guests will remain in the same cabin but there maybe a change in the category classification. Pricing these staterooms will not be affected.

Q5: How will you keep track of changes made on a booking?

A5: The booking history will document the guests’ prior and new categories, if there is a category change.

Q6: Will all ships be impacted?

A6: Yes

Q7: How will the guarantee program be impacted when booking through Individual Reservations?

A7: There will be a change in qualifying categories for ocean view and balcony guarantees. The ocean view guarantee will now include 5A staterooms and the balcony guarantee will include 7A staterooms.

Q8: How will you assure guests are aware of their cabin attributes?

A8: Clear stateroom descriptions will be available through call centers and marketing materials, including Carnival.com.

Q9: Why are some Groups unable to book lead price cabins in 4A, 6A, 8A?

A9: The re-segmentation will result in a limited number of staterooms within categories: 4A, 6A and 8A. These categories will be restricted to berth (requiring names and full deposit).

OH..that just ain't right!!!

*****...I love the aft balconies.

:mad:

Guess Carnival figured out that those aft balcony cabins are much sought after and decided to up the ante. Supply and demand, for sure.

:( Carnival Cruise Lines will launch an extensive stateroom recategorization encompassing the entire "Fun Ship" fleet. The Carnival Valor will be the first ship to feature the new accommodation categories and it will be effective for all new bookings on Friday, August 15, 2008. The balance of the fleet will be recategorized by the end of 2008. Cabin assignments and pricing on existing reservations will not be affected.

Under the reclassification of stateroom categories, Carnival's accommodations will now be categorized based on a variety of location factors such as mid-ship, aft, and forward, as well as proximity to key public areas and specific decks.

We implemented this change to more clearly define our stateroom categories based on location and features. We believe it will enable guests to easily identify the category that best suits their specific needs and preferences.

phew! :eek:

Thank goodness I booked that aft in the nick of time.

I always thought the whole catagorization system was extremely stupid.

How is it that you book a inside stateroom on riviera deck, but then you get "upgraded" to a inside stateroom on main deck. I don't get the upgrade ???? If you pay for an inside, you get an inside on whatever deck. Same thing goes for balconies and such.

The cruise lines do this and make it so complicated that it would make an IRS Agent grin. All these catagory's and sub catagory's and letters associated with them. They do this ONLY to milk us for more money, and make us THINK we're getting something different, when in FACT, its all the same.

OK, I'm done venting. Now go take on the day!

How is it that you book a inside stateroom on riviera deck, but then you get "upgraded" to a inside stateroom on main deck. I don't get the upgrade ???? If you pay for an inside, you get an inside on whatever deck. Same thing goes for balconies and such.

The cruise lines do this and make it so complicated that it would make an IRS Agent grin. All these catagory's and sub catagory's and letters associated with them. They do this ONLY to milk us for more money, and make us THINK we're getting something different, when in FACT, its all the same.

If people dont care where they end up, then its not that complicated. They just ask for the cheapest inside,oceanview,balcony or suite.

The cruise lines know many pax and most TA arent confused and are able to read the deckplans and decide where they want to be.

Cruise lines are a for-profit entity and they know people are willing to pay more for "better" locations.

Well, since they are re-classifying to "help the customer" perhaps they will add and "L" category(LOUD) for rooms that are rocked by sound from music venues. Nah, that would help the customer too much.

That would be fair but the customers do not think this way. I have seen people who booked an A and come on here and post about their upgrade to a C and how it is just going to make their cruise so special. Many times these are experienced cruisers.

My aft cabin (8C) on the Veranda deck on the Valor is now an 8G! And, it will cost $50 more per person to boot! I'm glad I booked my cabin a long time ago! And, I suppose this lowers my chance of getting any OBC on top of that! Shrewd, Carnival, shrewd indeed!:(

It was only a matter of time anyway. All the cruise lines are trying to generate more revenue that will let them keep their prices low. If adjustments aren't made, sooner or later, prices will have to be raised and many will find an alternative vacation venue.

I believe there are more changes in the wind and this is only the beginning. I'll bet they up the liquor prices onboard, up the fees for specialty restaurants and raise prices on those items people buy into the most. I see them cracking down seriously on smuggling booze and bringing on beverages of any kind. I truly think that those "sins" we all enjoy will have further charges and price hikes. Those who want to do those things will pay for them......

I also believe it will be company wide and will affect all of the ships in the Carnival Corp. house except those premium cruises that already attract the "carriage trade".

That would be fair but the customers do not think this way. I have seen people who booked an A and come on here and post about their upgrade to a C and how it is just going to make their cruise so special. Many times these are experienced cruisers.

I think some people are just so excited about cruising that any little thing will make their cruise special. In many ways that might be the best way to look at it. Then it can become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

All I am saying is that any company wants to attract new customers. So the way they have it all laid out, it's very confusing.

Aside from TA's, just think back when you knew nothing about cruising, now picture yourself trying to decipher all the different rates and codes, its crazy.

Can you imagine checking into a Hilton, and them flashing you at the desk a laundry list of different floors with all different prices, LOL

Sometimes keeping things simple, makes the best impact, and makes the most money. Ever heard of In An Out Burger ??

Archived