water arobics?

Bowie MeMe

Any water arobic classes in the pool? Any belts or water dumbbells available?

Sailing on the Connie in 2weeks 6days.

I have never seen this on a Celebrity ship but I do think it would be a wonderful idea. I belong to a gym that has this in the pool and it's a lot of fun.

Any water arobic classes in the pool? Any belts or water dumbbells available? Anyplace to swim under cover if it is cool or cloudy:confused: ?

Sailing on the Connie in 2weeks 6days.

No to the classes. No to equipment.

On the forward section pool - bubble pool - on of the Millie ships is a small covered pool.

There was a thread a few weeks ago asking about a resistance pool, seems on Celebrity's website under the Fitness Center for M-Class ships there is a phrase that says:

In our fitness center you can meet with a personal trainer, take a fitness class, try our resistance swimming pool or challenge yourself on our state-of-the-art exercise equipment.

There was some discussion about it and having never seen a resistance pool on an M Class ship I emailed Celebrity and got this response:

The "resistance swimming pool" that is referred to in your e-mail is a program that is offered through our fitness center and personal trainers that provides resistance equipment to use in the swimming pool.

Frankly I've never seen this and don't believe it really exists. But my wife loves water aerobics and will ask about it during our upcoming TA on the Connie. She's thought about bringing some water weights along with her in the past but they are so bulky we've never had the extra room in our suitcase.

I didn't see any water aerobics equipment on the Connie last year, or on her sister ship, Summit, this year. If you have space in your suitcase, you may want to throw in a belt or something.

There is the thallosotherapy pool under cover --- it is like a gigantic hot tub. Much too warm for aerobics (in my opinion), but it is wonderful to float around and just relax! We like to use that pool late in the evening - it's like a private pool after dinner because so few people use it.

On our TA this spring there were several days when we couldn't use any of the pools because of rough seas. The pools were closed about 5 evenings. :(

Well maybe if we all keep asking for water aerobics and even just some water weights and belts (all sizes please) the people at the sports desk will get the message. Water aerobics at my gym will often get 100+ people TIDAL WAVE. Heck a $1.99 noodle from Wal-mart can be fashioned into most anything you need to do legs, core and arms.

Only problem is wet noodles don't pack well :rolleyes:

Archived