I Received My Customer Relations Letter with OBC from the Sky

sunshinestyles

I was on one of the early Sky voyages and wrote Crane Gladding with my concerns. I received my letter today, with a very detailed apology and a $300 Onboard Credit certificate. I think that's pretty fair since it's about 50% of the fare I paid. What kind of results have others received? Hopefully the letters will start coming in for everyone now.

I was on one of the early Sky voyages and wrote Crane Gladding with my concerns. I received my letter today, with a very detailed apology and a $300 Onboard Credit certificate. I think that's pretty fair since it's about 50% of the fare I paid. What kind of results have others received? Hopefully the letters will start coming in for everyone now.

Pretty much the same thing. I was given a future cruise credit equal to 50% of what my cruise fare was on the Sky. I have applied it to my Alaska cruise aboard the Pearl in May 2009! I thought it was fair and NCL and I are OK now.

Yes, I feel good about the solution, I think the $300 is fair. The letter said a $300 onboard credit certificate was enclosed, but there was none enclosed. I called Vashty Brown and left a message but haven't heard back. I also called Latitudes to see if it was a credit on my account, but they didn't have it. I assume it was just an accidental omission, so I hope they'll send it to me!

Yes, I feel good about the solution, I think the $300 is fair. The letter said a $300 onboard credit certificate was enclosed, but there was none enclosed. I called Vashty Brown and left a message but haven't heard back. I also called Latitudes to see if it was a credit on my account, but they didn't have it. I assume it was just an accidental omission, so I hope they'll send it to me!

I think that is VERY fair.. That is actually something you will be able to use. The only time I have ever filed a concern with a cruise line was with RCCL. Because of the direct actions of one of their front desk people, they caused us to miss our return flight. I wrote to RCCL about that and told them it wasn't so much we missed our flight and had to pay an additional $100.00 to book the next available flight, but it was the way the front desk person (who I mentioned by first and last name in my letter to RCCL) had spoken to me. Anyway.. RCCL sent me a certificate, all official looking, etc.. for like 10% off our next cruise with them. BUT it had a catch. It had to be off of their published rate, not any promotional rate they had going. Every time we tried to use it to book a cruise with them the promotional rate they had was better than the 10% off certificate would have made it. The reason this mattered to me is the certificate was supposed to "make up" for how we had been treated. If we never got to use it, then what good was it for them to send it. I don't know if that make sense or not.. but.. and OBC is something you will for sure be able to use.

The letter said a $300 onboard credit certificate was enclosed, but there was none enclosed. I called Vashty Brown and left a message but haven't heard back. I also called Latitudes to see if it was a credit on my account, but they didn't have it.

That just sort of made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Think you need to keep pushing to find out just where the OBC certificate really is.

Congratulations it's good to see that those with legit reasons are getting the OBC.

I'm sure there is an expiry, so if by chance you can't use it I'd be willing to give 25 cents on the dollar for it for our upcoming cruises.

That just sort of made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Think you need to keep pushing to find out just where the OBC certificate really is.

I know, and I did call Latitudes and ask if it was a credit on my account or if they had record of it and they didn't.

I'm just hoping when I do get a hold of Customer Relations that they'll believe me that I didn't receive it.

Yes I did call Customer Relations on 8/18 and told them I don't have the certificate. The associate I spoke with said she'd inform Vashty, the employee that wrote the letter, via email and that she'd take care of it. I asked her to call me back to confirm, but I haven't heard back yet. She said she'd mail it but nothing has arrived yet. They're in Miami and I'm in Orlando so it shouldn't take too long, hopefully soon.

Archived