How noisy is it in suites on deck 8 of Vision class?

margbem

Thinking of booking a suite but is there a lot of noise from above (pools etc)? Also, if we share it with parents (old!!!) is there plenty of privacy for both couples? I'm talking the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite.

Margbem,

We had a JS stern corner stateroom in 09/05 & noise was never a factor. The fitness center was above us. We never heard a thing.

We liked it so much we booked that same stateroom for our upcoming 01/09 Panama cruise.

saitken69

costa mesa, CA

Margbem,

We had a JS stern corner stateroom in 09/05 & noise was never a factor. The fitness center was above us. We never heard a thing.

We liked it so much we booked that same stateroom for our upcoming 01/09 Panama cruise.

saitken69

costa mesa, CA

Don't forget to take the train from Panama City to Colon. Runs to Colon in the morning and back to Panama City in the afternoon. I think $22pp if I remember the website for it correctly.

Don't forget to take the train from Panama City to Colon. Runs to Colon in the morning and back to Panama City in the afternoon. I think $22pp if I remember the website for it correctly.

Thanks for the heads up! We will definitely look into it.

saitken69

We had a family suite on deck 8 on Legend, no problem with noise, the suite could be virtually separated into 2 sides by shutting the sliding glass door between the master bedroom and lounge area.

However, just had a family suite on Independence which was out of this world, absolutely amazing.

The ceiling of your cabin isn't the floor of the deck above--there's quite a bit of space between the two! Noise isn't a problem from above! Just like anywhere else, you will hear folks (if they're loud) as they pass by your cabin in the hallway, or if someone lets their door slam!

We had the Royal Suite on Splendour and could hear lots of scraping of chairs and rolling carts. It still didn't stop us from enjoying the cruise! We have the Royal Suite booked on Enchantment over Thanksgiving and expect the same experience because of its location.

We had a JS for our Christmas 2006 cruise and we had LOTS of noise. I think it was a vibration from the joggers on the running track, even though the track is up two decks, because it would come and go. We hated it. Just make sure you are not under the pool or the jogging track. We wished we would have had a room under the windjammer or the spa because these places close at some point.

Julie

We have always had an OS on every class........and on the Vision Class......for years it was quiet.........except for the cart rolling over the carpet at the WJ............at 5 AM.

Then the Legend had a makeover..........outside of Lisbon a few years ago. They totally changed out the WJ...........and we had new tile floors above us............and a new coffee machine...........that ground it's own coffee from beans.

It was a nightmare...........and the WJ manager could not understand why I had doors open to the bottom of the machine. (At that time, I felt like I was family...........and could check out anything that would bother the two of us from enjoying our cruise.)

Long story short......the engineer redid the legs with sound proofing rubber on the feet..............and our new noise almost totally dissappeared.

The Hotel Director found some incredible champagne.........and we had many of the staff in for a little refreshment...........and to listen to the sounds that the coffee maker............in it's new configuration........made on our suite. We were directly behind the RS.............and it was their first voyage.........so didn't know what to expect. They also heard the noise and were very thankful that we had done something about it.

So........when you say suite..........on certain ships........almost every cabin on the highest level is a suite....some JS's .......some GS's.......a few OS's and one RS.

We have a friend that won't book under the jacuzzi.........because she hears it at night. I could sleep there........as a heard of elephants would run me over before I heard them..............when sleeping!! :D :D

Rick

We always sail in OS 8502 and I am always awakened around 3:30ish

with carts rolling and chairs scraping. Usually I can get back to sleep.

Other than that we've never heard any noise from our neighbors and

we've asked them if they hear us and they say they don't. You

don't have problems with people passing by because the suites are

at the end of the hallway and aren't on the way to anything other

than the room.

We always sail in OS 8502 and I am always awakened around 3:30ish

with carts rolling and chairs scraping. Usually I can get back to sleep.

Other than that we've never heard any noise from our neighbors and

we've asked them if they hear us and they say they don't. You

don't have problems with people passing by because the suites are

at the end of the hallway and aren't on the way to anything other

than the room.

Interesting that cabin 8502 is the cabin of our choice as well, for any Vision Class ship. Interesting that I always thought the carts went by at 4:30 ish................must mean that I sleep pretty will until that time.

At home I'm up between 4:30 and shortly after 5 PM.

What we love more than anything about an OS...........is that I can get up, and close off the curtain for my DW............to allow her to continue to sleep, while I read or even get some paperwork done.

I'm glad that we get to share a cabin CAT GIRL!!

Rick

The suite in question is 8032 on Splendour. It's next to the Explorers' Lounge and under the very end of the pool area. What is the Explorers' lounge and will it be noisy late at night as we tend not to be night owls!! Also, do they move the loungers about round the pool during the night or very early morning?

The other thing is, are the 2 bedrooms proper bedrooms with proper beds ie. not sofa beds or pullman beds (whatever they are!!)

And a final question! On the RCI website the balcony size is given as 74sq ft, so much smaller than some of the other suites' balconies. What does it have on it and is it really small??

Thanks everyone on CC - you're the best for getting info.

The suite in question is 8032 on Splendour. It's next to the Explorers' Lounge and under the very end of the pool area. What is the Explorers' lounge and will it be noisy late at night as we tend not to be night owls!!
The Explorer's Lounge is the internet cafe. It shouldn't be noisy at all.

The other thing is, are the 2 bedrooms proper bedrooms with proper beds ie. not sofa beds or pullman beds (whatever they are!!)
The main bedroom has regular beds, the 2nd bedroom has 2 twins plus two pullman beds, then there is a sofa bed out in the living room.

We were in GS 8514 on Splendour for 29 days...............yes, you could hear chairs being moved from Deck 9 and in the evenings, since we were right beneath the pool bar...........if the band was playing.............you could definitely hear it.

Since they put all the suites forward..............if there is any motion you definitely feel it more than being mid-ship.

Archived