Yeah...we are platinum!!!!

I just got my letter today from RCCL, but of course, it's still not showing up on the website!!! My cruise history shows that I have 5 completed cruises, and it has shown that for a few weeks now, but my level still shows me as Gold with 4 cruises:(. I know that's a common thing that everyone talks about, but I still wish everything would be correct!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy for you, my cruise history still shows 1. It should be 3. It's been 15 months since one and 6 months since the other. I've contacted them 3 times. I refuse to give up. They have the worst computer system in the world.

I just got my letter today from RCCL, but of course, it's still not showing up on the website!!! My cruise history shows that I have 5 completed cruises, and it has shown that for a few weeks now, but my level still shows me as Gold with 4 cruises:(. I know that's a common thing that everyone talks about, but I still wish everything would be correct!!!!!!!!!

Make sure to call C&A if you have any future cruises booked because you will now get a discount on a balcony or above cabin.

Congrats! We just made Diamond and our status on-lline still shows as platinum. Bummer is that we only get the the Platinum coupons.

Deb

Make sure to call C&A if you have any future cruises booked because you will now get a discount on a balcony or above cabin.

Congrats! We just made Diamond and our status on-lline still shows as platinum. Bummer is that we only get the the Platinum coupons.

Deb

You're right....I DO have a balcony booked and I have to make sure I get my discount. When I booked while on the Liberty, they told me I'd have no problem, but I do have to call them.

Congrats on becoming Diamond!!!!!! I'll be there in a few years, if they don't change things!!!!!!

Deb

Are the website Diamond coupons different from the Platinum coupons?

I thought the coupon books they give in the staterooms are different for Gold,

Platinum, and Diamond, but I don't know if the website coupons are different for each level.

I feel with you pain and frustration with the online showing of CC’s. I am still gold until my next cruise I am happy about soon becoming platinum. But if I look on the website I only show the credits from the first of my 3 cruises over the past 2.5 years. This is so frustrating. The only thing that I can tell you is not to rely on the website. I have checked up on it many times with C&A and all I am told is that they have gotten a new computer system and it takes a while to get everything going. They got this new system in May of 2007 (or so I am told). But as long as they have informed you and there computers say that you are platinum than you are good to go. Congratulations on the platinum status and have fun becoming a diamond and more.

What kind of discount do you get being platinum? I booked a balcony back in January for our upcoming cruise in October and didn't know about the discount...how on earth did I miss that. I hate it when I know I could have saved money! Don't we all :)

What kind of discount do you get being platinum? I booked a balcony back in January for our upcoming cruise in October and didn't know about the discount...how on earth did I miss that. I hate it when I know I could have saved money! Don't we all :)

You are STILL able to get it, call whomever you booked through and have them apply it. I just did mine about 2 months ago when I got platinum and that was over a year after I booked it. You will get 50$ for 3-5 days, 100$ for 6-9 and 10+ nights is $200.

Congrats for the Platinum!:)

We became Platinum Members in our last cruise either! But we are having some problems with the cruise history....my parents did 5 cruises with RCI and I did 4 and one was 12+ night so we had 2 credits...but one of my parent's cruise is not in RCI system...and in the website in my account only shows 2 cruises! I've already sent some emails to Crown & Anchor about the "ghost cruise" of my parents and yesterday sent about the other 2 that are not in the website's account....

Hope we can have everything done in our last cruise to enjoy our PLATINUM *-* MEMBER amenities:) :D :cool:

See you all and hope we all will be Diamond Plus someday;)

Congrats...now on the 7+ night cruises you will get another reception to attend...more free booze! You are now half way to Diamond...keep up the good cruising!!!

I need a couple of more cruises at least one in a suite to hit Diamond myself. DD is at 3 cruises now with 4 in December so by the time she is 18 or 21 when she can really go on her own...she ought to be Platnium or Diamond on her own standing regarless of living in my house.

Here's another question for anyone who can answer. My letter has my name and my son's. (My DH's letter has his name and our DD's). I have no idea why it is like that, I guess because when we originally started cruising, they came with us. Now for the question....my son is 25 and has only done 2 cruises but he still uses our address as his permanent address, even though he doesn't live at home. (There is also the possibility that he will be getting a new job and will be back home for a bit) He is thinking about coming on this cruise, depending on his job, etc. Will he be considered platinum??????

We are Platinum, soon to be Diamond, it took forever to get our Platinum status on the RCI website, but we never had any problems with the status booking or onboard.

My husband recently got a letter congratulating him to Diamond status. I think he should be, but his first 2 cruises with RCI were so many years ago, he wasn't signed up (I doubt they had C&A in the 70's) and there would be no way for him to locate any records.

Then, he gets a letter this week welcoming him to C & A as a Gold member :confused:

I also got a letter this week congratulating me on becoming Diamond :confused: We just made final payment on a cruise for October and it will be a 2 credit cruise (13 nights), but I always thought you didn't obtain the next level until after the cruise was completed.

I know they have an accurate count when you call, but I can't figure out the new Gold membership. I think I'll give it a shot and call, I'd hate for him to have to start all over again.

Here's another question for anyone who can answer. My letter has my name and my son's. (My DH's letter has his name and our DD's). I have no idea why it is like that, I guess because when we originally started cruising, they came with us. Now for the question....my son is 25 and has only done 2 cruises but he still uses our address as his permanent address, even though he doesn't live at home. (There is also the possibility that he will be getting a new job and will be back home for a bit) He is thinking about coming on this cruise, depending on his job, etc. Will he be considered platinum??????

All I can tell you is they allow you to sign up your children when they are 18 or younger. Your kids assume the same level as you, but I have no idea if it is only until they are 18 or not. Another reason to chance a call to RCCL!

Everyone in the household gets the status of the highest level. But if say they are a 2 cruise platinum (because they got bumped up because of your status) and then move out, they will stay platinum until they earn the next level themselves in their own right. So they would have to earn another 8 points to get to diamond. But as long as his permanent address is the same as yours he will get the higher status. If you make diamond while he is still living at home then he will get diamond also. Hope this makes sense

Everyone in the household gets the status of the highest level. But if say they are a 2 cruise platinum (because they got bumped up because of your status) and then move out, they will stay platinum until they earn the next level themselves in their own right. So they would have to earn another 8 points to get to diamond. But as long as his permanent address is the same as yours he will get the higher status. If you make diamond while he is still living at home then he will get diamond also. Hope this makes sense

I better not tell him that or he might stay with me FOREVER!!!!!!! But at least if he can come on this cruise, he'll get all of the benefits then!!!!:D Lots depends on if he gets this new job, I don't know what the vacations would be like.

First - RCI is having trouble with the new website. I've called a number of times, and there are pages which are not working. (We're Diamond, my cruise history doesn't show at all right now, but C&A says they can see it; that's all that's important for getting balcony discounts...) I also can't view the coupons, but Gold members can. Just a quirk in their system.

Secondly - Sue is right. Children retain the highest level in the home as long as they listed at that address. (Both our guys were automatically Diamond when they turned 18.) We joke with them abotu what level their be for their honeymoon cruise - thanks to us!

Third (and lastly, I promise) - the in-cabin coupon books are basically the same; however, the amounts vary (more free minutes on the Internet, etc.).

Enjoy your new level!!!

Deb

If you've made Diamond and C&A have you listed as Diamond, you will get the Diamond Coupons, it doesn't matter what the website says, it's what C&A have on their records that's important:D

Thank you, thank you, thnank you!

I called this morning and they will be putting $100 back on to my CC. I LOVE this board:)

Now to send in proof of our being shareholders and I will have some of those fu fu drinks well taken care of...roll on October 12 and life will be good:D

Thanks again,

Pat.

Archived