What is best CCL Platinum or RCCL Diamond

That's not even a fair question. I love Carnival, but my Diamond perks 'outshine' Platinum by a nautical mile! That's the one thing CCL should raise the bar at. With that said, it doesn't keep me from booking Carnival cruises.

Not even a close competition. You really dont know and need to ask?? I dont care about a single of the perks from Carnival. VIP getting on and off the ship, big deal, stationary, like I write snail mail letter? etc. I dont gamble, the free entrance into a poke tournament is for their benefit to get you to gamble.

Against a coupon book on your 2nd cruise, gold level on RCL, 2 for 1 drink coupon, money off logo items on the ship, free cover charge to Johnny Rockets. I cant wait for platinum at 5 cruises, let alone diamond. I need one more for Platinum and will pay the cost for Voyager, whatever it is to get it nailed down. Free lounge at night with free drinks and snacks appeals to me more than stationary!!! $200 off the price of any balcony, time for a balcony, even if I suspect the discount is cooked into the price by now, so many have the diamond discount and then you can combine any C&A discount, which if your cruise is listed is another $125 off.

I want money in my pocket, not some token stuff from Carnival. I dont have credit on Carnival for 3 early cruises, late 1980s and dont even care Carnival stuff is that bad to me.

Carnival's reward program is really only a baby now. Hardly fair to compare it to a long established program. Just a couple of years ago, there was NO Carnival rewards program.

And as mentioned above, how much more are we willing to pay for a 'free' program?

Biggest problem with RCL's program is that you have to cruise on a RCL ship.........

Just Kidding.:D

Dan

RCCL of course....but then you pay more for the cruise.

Carnival perks are right in line for the price you pay for the ticket!!

Voyager cost me $50 more pp than Conquest booking for 2008, and $30 pp more than Conquest 2009. True it is more, but its not that much more. Voyager also had some senior last minute specials on superior balconys that made them as cheap as Conquest if I wanted to book a bigger balcony cabin, $869 for a D1. Minus whatever discount you might have. I also get more OBC for RCL, next cruise booking for next year, TA gave me $50 plus the $100 for stock, so I rarely have a onboard bill.

My other 3 cruises were cheaper than I could have booked Carnival similar for. RCL isnt always more expensive. I think folks just assume it is because their prices are higher early on, but Carnivals soon catch up and RCL has better last minute prices. Pays to look below the surface at what discounts you can get. I did Rhapsody $100 pp cheaper than I could have done Conquest spring of 2007.

I always hear RCL is more expensive, its not ALWAYS more expensive, just often, but look for the bargains and $$$ off, you might be surprised.

Ill be honest, my reason for more Carnival bookings right now is because RCL only goes out of Galveston in the spring, Carnival is the only game in town. So Carnival it is. Its not because Im a huge Carnival fan. I can have fun on any cruise.

I really love the free laundry service. Less packing Also last cruise off Miracle from Tampa. Our bags were by themselves waiting for us. First off after self embarq. Took 20 minutes to leave ship Home in Orlando before 10:30 Also had newbie with us. The private galley tour really impressed them. LOL

What Loyalty programme do you think is best

CCL Platinum or RCCL Diamond ?

RCCL seems to offer more perks....but I'm indifferent to them anyway.

Platinum gets me what I want; priority boarding, priority tendering.....the rest is gravy. There is nothing like not having to wait in line with a couple thousand people waiting to board a ship or to catch a tender to Cayman.....I have earned the right to "be first" in these situations and certainly take advantage of them.

Then there's this: Carnival's prices are lower than RCCL and Carnival provides a better cruise experience (my opinion only).

Archived