Can someone explain MUTS to a new Princess cruiser?

Travelalot2

I've read a lot about how much everyone enjoys MUTS, but I can't find anything that explains the specifics about it. For example, how many movies play a day (is it all day even when people are in the pool and do they play until late in the night?), what types of movies do they play (G, PG, R?). I've read at night they put blankets on the chairs so it's first come first serve i"m guessing - can everyone see and hear the movie no matter where you sit?

We are thinking about a cruise on the Crown and this is swaying us against other cruise lines thinking it would keep my 17 DD entertained. Thanks.

I've read a lot about how much everyone enjoys MUTS, but I can't find anything that explains the specifics about it. For example, how many movies play a day (is it all day even when people are in the pool and do they play until late in the night?), what types of movies do they play (G, PG, R?). I've read at night they put blankets on the chairs so it's first come first serve i"m guessing - can everyone see and hear the movie no matter where you sit?

We are thinking about a cruise on the Crown and this is swaying us against other cruise lines thinking it would keep my 17 DD entertained. Thanks.

Your 17 year old daughter will most likely be entertained more with the teen group than with MUTS.

Yes, there are movies all day; from early morning until late at night. No R stuff at all. Lots of people hate this; we loved it. Yes, there are blankets and they serve popcorn too.

We'll be on the Crown soon (3 weeks) for 28 days and hoping that the weather will be good enough for us to sit out there and watch a movie. As for seating, we prefer the level above the pool level; better viewing in my opinion.

Pia

We were on the 8/6-8/15 cruise. During the day they play movies all day long. A typical day had a schedule something like this: ET at 10:15, Indiana Jones at 12:30, and then a Beyonce concert later in the afternoon. At 5:30 they would close the pool and set up for the evening movie service. In the evening there was a movie shown at 6:00, again usually family friendly. The feature film was shown twice, at 8:30 and again at 10:30. I can't remember all the films, but Prince Caspian, Kung-Fu Panda and Leatherheads were all evening feature films during our cruise. A couple of nights they had late night films at 11:30. I remember American Gangster and Rocky Horror Picture show being shown at 11:30.

Enjoy your cruise,

Netta7

MUTS is located in the pool area right outside the buffet so if you plan on eating lunch or dinner at one of the outside tables there, it's very, very loud and you won't be able to hold a conversation. They also had Wii stuff going on during the day. On our cruise, almost no one was outside watching the movie or anything else. We had dinner in the buffet a couple of nights and ate outside; I counted a total of 7 people actually watching the movie. It's a shame they don't do what's done on the Sea Princess which is give everyone wireless headphones so they can watch and enjoy without disturbing others in the area who don't want to watch or hear.

Now thats a great idea! Having the show broadcast up on MUTS is a fantastic idea and a nice way to watch the show. Sure would cut down on the mad rush to get seats in the theatre after dinner.

Archived