Hurricane affecting Miami arrivals this week?

cccruzer3

I'm leaving this Thursday (8/21) on the Imagination out of Miami. My sister is arriving two days precruise and the rest of us (10 in all) are arriving Wednesday. We're all staying at Intercontinental Hotel Miami. Anybody care to venture a guess as to whether or not we'll be able to fly into Miami on Tuesday and/or Wednesday with Fay in the way?

I'm leaving this Thursday (8/21) on the Imagination out of Miami. My sister is arriving two days precruise and the rest of us (10 in all) are arriving Wednesday. We're all staying at Intercontinental Hotel Miami. Anybody care to venture a guess as to whether or not we'll be able to fly into Miami on Tuesday and/or Wednesday with Fay in the way?

I live in Miami, right now nothing is close, and there is no news of MIA been closed nor the Port, dont worry about this very much, the media mades a lot of frenzy, there will be rain and of course is not the best scenario for your pre cruise plans and I do undesrtand, this morning look beautiful, right now is raining, your Hotel is very nice and close to the Port and the Bayside activities, if you like meat they have a Brasilian Steak House very close to your Hotel you are ataying that is delicious the mane is "Porcao".

Dont let "Fay" ruined your vacation, the soonest I hear something I will post it here. We are also cruising in the Imagination this coming Sept.

Good luck,

Terry

We are in the same boat. Where is everyone flying from? We're flying from Richmond, VA through Atlanta to Miami on Wednesday. I think that there will be lots of delays due to flilghts in and out of Atlanta. Glad that you all are flying in a day early. The weather though does look good for the cruise. Hopefully everyone can make it to Miami.

Hi JB - I assumed you are the OP - with a new CC name? ;)

My Mom is worried to death. They are also flying in on Wed to Miami. I keep telling her everything is ok- have faith. Of course it looks like I will be rained on the whole drive down on Wed. But thats ok- its all going to be gone far from Miami by Thursday! I do hope they are not having a "bumpy" flight.:o

For the person who lives in Miami, keep us informed on how it is.

OP- Take care and see you Thursday in the VIP lounge:p

We are in the same boat. Where is everyone flying from? We're flying from Richmond, VA through Atlanta to Miami on Wednesday. I think that there will be lots of delays due to flilghts in and out of Atlanta. Glad that you all are flying in a day early. The weather though does look good for the cruise. Hopefully everyone can make it to Miami.

Hi DB2VA you are on our sailing also? Imagination 21?

I see you are connecting in ATL to MIA on Wed. My Mom and neice have a 1035am flight from ATL. Prayers you all have smooth flights!

Hi JB - I assumed you are the OP - with a new CC name? ;)

My Mom is worried to death. They are also flying in on Wed to Miami. I keep telling her everything is ok- have faith. Of course it looks like I will be rained on the whole drive down on Wed. But thats ok- its all going to be gone far from Miami by Thursday! I do hope they are not having a "bumpy" flight.:o

For the person who lives in Miami, keep us informed on how it is.

OP- Take care and see you Thursday in the VIP lounge:p

Becky, yes, that's me!

I'm keeping fingers crossed that we all make it down to Miami without incident. We've been planning this for too long to have it not happen!

Be careful driving and we'll share a welcome drink once we're onboard!

Don't bet on Miami being out of the woods yet. Waiting for the 5pm advisory, but noted that the 2pm one moved the track a bit to the east. It was looking like landfall around Tampa (where I am), but they adjusted it east to around Ft. Myers.

They have also said it is slowing down, so the timing may change, as well as the intensity.

Watch and wait.

Becky, yes, that's me!

I'm keeping fingers crossed that we all make it down to Miami without incident. We've been planning this for too long to have it not happen!

Be careful driving and we'll share a welcome drink once we're onboard!

First off - Fay IS NOT A HURRICANE - they are not anticipating she will be one. She is a tropical strom. Florida/Miami is now in our rainy season, it rains daily. Both ports and air ports are used to the summer rain storms.

Unless there are some major changes in Fay over the next 24 hours, all will have passed long before next weekend.

Keep the faith!

First off - Fay IS NOT A HURRICANE - they are not anticipating she will be one. She is a tropical strom. Florida/Miami is now in our rainy season, it rains daily. Both ports and air ports are used to the summer rain storms.

Unless there are some major changes in Fay over the next 24 hours, all will have passed long before next weekend.

Keep the faith!

correct, Fay is not a hurricane, everything as of now is be open. that includes the airports and the Ports, they are evacuating the keys but that is the norm here, everything will be fine guyz, just be careful driving, we been having rain here in Miami for a few weeks already, I just heard on tv that there willl be no school tomorrow and the keys are evacuating, but this is something that we are used in Miami to deal with, remember is a Tropical Storm.

Blessings,

I just saw the 5:00pm advisory from the hurricane center and looks like it is going to keep on the west side of the state skirting up the coast. Fay is suppose to be a hurricane by Monday afternoon once it is in the Gulf. So the Miami port should be ok.

Looks like it should be a hurricane by Tuesday, but they have been wrong before. And looks like it will miss Miami. If I was going this week, I'd keep an eye on this forecast a couple of times a day.

205301W_sm.gif

Don't think your cruise will be affected though.

Have fun!

First of all, Fay COULD be a hurricane by Tuesday, but it will be off the west coast of Florida. My home is in the predicted path on the west coast of Florida. Having been through many hurricanes, including very serious ones, I would say this one won't affect Miami on Wednesday. It will be going up the west coast and causing trouble to people, like me, on the other side of FL. I NEVER say NEVER when it comes to storms. (A Charley, cat. 4, veteran here) Yes, you should be fine, but don't downplay it.

As our weatherman said.. "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".. we're putting up shutters just in case.

By the way, They are saying that Tampa will be affected in some way by this storm, especially Tues or Wed.

I would be worried more about my connections in Atlanta on Wednesday than the ship in Miami next weekend.

!!!!

Yes, DH is watching the storm like crazy.

It does look good for us for the Cruise Thursday. :D

BUT, we are worried about Mom's flight on Wed. If they delay flights thats ok but I am worried about them flying and it being rough weather. Both have motion sickness and take bonie for it but we all know during a rough flight bonie/dramine will not work.:eek: ATL to MIA flights Wed are not looking good

Yes, JB, when we get on the ship Thursday, I will NEED to get a DOD. ;)

Yes, DH is watching the storm like crazy.

It does look good for us for the Cruise Thursday. :D

BUT, we are worried about Mom's flight on Wed. If they delay flights thats ok but I am worried about them flying and it being rough weather. Both have motion sickness and take bonie for it but we all know during a rough flight bonie/dramine will not work.:eek: ATL to MIA flights Wed are not looking good

Yes, JB, when we get on the ship Thursday, I will NEED to get a DOD. ;)

I think that would be one time I would take that DOD, too! :p

Archived