Port Canaveral Departure Lounge?

Our first RCCL cruise was on the Mariner in Oct 2005 and we were in a JS. Boarding was delayed as the ship was late getting back due to a medical emergency and a stop in Miami the night before. We did get Group 1 (on a laminated card from what I remember) and just hung out on the floor with a cast of thousands (lol) until they let us board.

This time we're in a GS but I want to say there is no departure lounge in Port C? I'm assuming we'll get "Priority" boarding cards and just hang out in the terminal again until it's time to board? (Side note: we do arrive early, we'd rather be sitting in the terminal w/a bunch of new friends waiting to board than hanging at the hotel!)

Also, I tried to search, but guess what? It's down. Go figure.

Thanks

The only seperate area at Port Canaveral is a small roped off area in between regular checkin & priority..there is no seperate room or lounge for Priority...

And if there is a wedding party in that very small roped off area then there is no room for anyone else:(

And if there is a wedding party in that very small roped off area then there is no room for anyone else:(

This is very true. We usually get there about 11AM or so and we are Diamond/Plus as well as staying in a JS's. We all get priority boarding, but the area is very small with few chairs. Usually, the chairs are taken by people in wedding parties as they board first.

The rest of us with priority boarding go next. I wouldn't call it a departure lounge by any means. It is just a roped off area of the main check-in area.

Boarding starts normally at 11:30 so it's not a long wait for us and we are onboard by abot 11:45 or so, depending on whether we can get by the photographers or not.

Archived