Wine and coffee maker questions!

tlovesdis

Hi everyone,

I am a cruise newbie sailing for the first time in the Star in October.

Hubby would like to know if NCL allows you to bring wine on board to consume in your cabin?

I would like toknow if the AF Mini suite will have a coffee maker in it and if so can I bring my own filters and coffee? And what size would you say the coffee maker is (for the filters)???

Thanks so much!

I'd double check on that, but I believe that you have to pay the corkage fee even if it is for in-cabin consumption.

I believe the cabin coffee machines are the standard hotel-type (four cup) that have the small baskets.

No, you are not allowed, per the contract you made with NCL upon purchasing your ticket, to bring liquor on board.

A corkage fee of $15.00 will apply to any wine you bring on board for IN CABIN consumption.

Have a great cruise!

You pay the corkage fee when you board, regardless of where you plan on consuming your wine.

Note that you can purchase wine onboard for $30 or so. It may not be worth the hassle of carrying it on.

sorry - duplicate post

You can order a bar setup. I don't think you can order a bottle after you board, and if you can, it'll be a hefty sum. The liters you get from a bar setup certainly aren't cheap, but compared to "by the drink," it's a very good savings.

You can only carry wine and champagne on...with a $15 corkage fee per bottle. (I don't believe there is a limit)

You can preorder a bar set up for your cabin. I believe it can be as small as 1 bottle of vodka, to a full bar set up. There is a fee for the setup however.

I don't know if the mini suites had a coffee maker, but the AE penthouse suites had them, and they were 4 cup pots. Now with 2.0, they may be all pod type cappucino makers.

• 1 month later...
Who do you pay the $15 wine corkage fee to upon boarding the ship?

And do they give you a receipt to take to the restaurant when you want to comsume the wine as proof you've already paid the corkage fee?

There is usually a table set up next to or close after the scanning machines (similar to airports) where they put your carry-on luggage through. You pay the corkage fee there and it is added to your on-board account.

You do get a receipt showing the on-board account charge and they also attach a sticker to your bottles to indicate the fee has been paid. If you bring wine to the dining room, bring along the receipt in case they want to charge you again.

There is usually a table set up next to or close after the scanning machines (similar to airports) where they put your carry-on luggage through. You pay the corkage fee there and it is added to your on-board account.

You do get a receipt showing the on-board account charge and they also attach a sticker to your bottles to indicate the fee has been paid. If you bring wine to the dining room, bring along the receipt in case they want to charge you again.

Thanks for your reply and answer.

They didn't put stickers on our 8 bottles, and we didn't know that was the procedure. It made for a few inconvenient moments at dinner, and we were double charged for a few bottles. Later it was resolved easily enough, but just make sure you get the stickers and keep your onboard charge receipt for proof.

It is $15 per 750ml of wine, no matter where or even IF you consume it. They collect it most of the time when you board. If a larger bottle, then expect a larger fee, though not always.

Hard booze - no way. They will hold it for you until the last day.

There are mini-bars in the rooms if you want to pay the high price. You can also order from room service, or at the bar and take drinks anywhere with you on the ship.

Archived