Labadee Schedule

Brenda33

If you are scheduled to arrive in Labadee (RCCL Explorer) for 9 a.m. when can you book your first excursion? It doesn't make sense to me that the first excursion could be at 9:00. Wouldn't you automatically be late? Or is there something I don't understand?

• 6 months later...
If you are scheduled to arrive in Labadee (RCCL Explorer) for 9 a.m. when can you book your first excursion? It doesn't make sense to me that the first excursion could be at 9:00. Wouldn't you automatically be late? Or is there something I don't understand?

I believe if you book a 9am excursion, you gather onboard and are on the first tender to leave. A great way to get a jump start to your day.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't it true though that only excursions scheduled by the cruiseline will have first priority to debark? From what I understand, if you book an excursion outside the cruiseline you just have to 'wait your turn' to get off. Is this true? Thanks!

The only excursions that you can book in Labadee is through RCCL. It is their private port. I don't believe there are any outside excursions available. At least, we didn't see any when we were there 2 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe if you book a 9am excursion, you gather onboard and are on the first tender to leave.

How does this work? I'll be at Labadee on the Liberty next month; we arrive at 8:00, and the excursion we're considering is at 8:30. If we book that excursion, how will we be guaranteed space on the first tender to shore?

Thanks,

Erica

How does this work? I'll be at Labadee on the Liberty next month; we arrive at 8:00, and the excursion we're considering is at 8:30. If we book that excursion, how will we be guaranteed space on the first tender to shore?

Thanks,

Erica

If I remember correctly, on your excursion ticket there will be a place noted for the group to gather ON THE SHIP and you are taken directly to a tender so you can get to your excursion on time.

If I remember correctly, on your excursion ticket there will be a place noted for the group to gather ON THE SHIP and you are taken directly to a tender so you can get to your excursion on time.

Great! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info!

Erica

We've had the good fortune to visit Labadee five times. Everytime, the ship arrived well before 9:00AM, usually around 7:30AM or 8:00AM. What they usually do is send a tender or two from the ship over to Labadee with the cooks and the food for the BBQ.

Often some early risers are permitted to go over on one of those first tenders. Then tenders begin coming regularly. I think there are three that alternate. Announcements are made that a tender is boarding and you are told what door to go to.

Supposedly by December 2009 the new dock will be complete and there will be no more tender service. You can just waltz off the ship at your leisure and return when you desire.

Archived