New to cruise critic

MargnGrah

Hi Everyone, as you can see we are new to this forum and unfamilar with the site.....but will find our way around (I hope). We are cruising on PD leaving 7th Sept. This is our first time on the Dawn, although it is our 4th cruise. On our previous cruises we have gone with family/friends, and this time is just the 2 of us......so we are looking forward to meeting other CC's.

Just a question. How is it at dinner without the 1st and 2nd sitting? Does it work or is it a mad scramble....?

Thanks Marg

Hi Everyone, as you can see we are new to this forum and unfamilar with the site.....but will find our way around (I hope). We are cruising on PD leaving 7th Sept. This is our first time on the Dawn, although it is our 4th cruise. On our previous cruises we have gone with family/friends, and this time is just the 2 of us......so we are looking forward to meeting other CC's.

Just a question. How is it at dinner without the 1st and 2nd sitting? Does it work or is it a mad scramble....?

Thanks Marg

Hi Marg

Welcome,

You have 2 weeks, so I hope you have enough time to grab what you need from the site before you go.

Anytime dining is first in - best dressed. Will mean you have to pre-plan and reserve your table as early as they will allow to get the choice of your preferred time and table.

I see you have found the roll call. There are plenty of nice CC addicts on your cruise.

Thanks Geoff for your welcome.

This cruise has been a long time coming, we booked in June last year (good price for early booking) and now we only have 19 days to go...Yah

With the dinner booking do you think we should book as soon as we embark.? (after we have checked out our room of course!!)

Thanks Marg :)

Hi there just returned from pd yesterday. Yes if you would like to eat in the dining room on the first night i would try book as soon as you board, especially if you like to dine early.There is technically two times where you can reserve a table between 5.30 and 6.30pm and then for the late diners 8 pm onwards . (of course you can just turn up at anytime and ask for a table and if there is one you will be shown to a table, but from our experience it was fairly busy ). We booked the dining room almost every night exept for the first one and did it as we walked in before our meal or as we walked out, for the next night., the same table and waiters Edy and Rey. They were absolutely awesome.

We didn't book on the first night and had to walk around looking for a table in the buffet for a while as it was too windy and cold sailing out of sydney to sit outside. (slightly frustrating with tired and hungry kids )

You will have a brilliant time , lovely ship, brilliant service and awesome staff who would do anything to make your holiday special. Sandi

Thanks Sandi,

Yeah, I think we will book dinner for first night as soon as we can after embarking. Thanks for your thoughts.

I am sure we will have a good time and from previous cruises know that the service from all staff is just great!!!!!!!!!!!

Marg

Archived