Two cat upgrade?

figs

I just signed up for "Visa Extras", a VISA debit card reward program. Noticed in the "sponsor deals" section that once you're enrolled, you can get a free 2 cat upgrade with Carnival. Anyone used this? A good deal? Impossible to get anything decent out of it?

Here are the details:

Receive up to a TWO category upgrade when paying with your Visa® card for your next Carnival Cruise Lines cruise.

To make a reservation and redeem this offer, click on the link and enter code CAV-08L or call Holidays in Motion at 1-800-871-1777 and mention code CAV-08L. Certificate redemption is solely the responsibility of Holidays in Motion, Inc.

Offer Valid: 05/01/2008 to 10/31/2008

# Offer applies to new individual bookings made through Holidays in Motion only.

# Certain sailing dates including Holidays and blackout dates excluded.

# Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I.

# Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/IS/OV/BL/SS/ST/11/12.

# Combinable with supersaver rates only.

# Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony).

# Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle.

# Booking window 5/1/08 - 10/31/08.

# Applicable on select sailings between 2/15/08 through 4/30/09.

# Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

# Some restrictions apply.

# Coupon has no cash value.

# Offer is capacity controlled and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.

# Offer only redeemable in the U.S.

# Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

# Applicable taxes must be paid by bearer.

# Offer applicable only to purchases made with a valid Visa card.

I just signed up for "Visa Extras", a VISA debit card reward program. Noticed in the "sponsor deals" section that once you're enrolled, you can get a free 2 cat upgrade with Carnival. Anyone used this? A good deal?

Theres only one way to find out, book a Cat 6e OV cabin and see if you can get the Cat. 8a Balcony with the free upgrades. These usually have some type of limitation or special conditions, read the fine print..

Fred

Theres only one way to find out, book a Cat 6e OV cabin and see if you can get the Cat. 8a Balcony with the free upgrades. These usually have some type of limitation or special conditions, read the fine print..

Fred

Oh, I know---after you posted, I grabbed the details---I just don't know booking categories, etc as well as some of you guys. I can't figure out whether it's a "worthless" 2 cat upgrade, or something actually useful.

A 2 catagory upgrade from OV to OV means just that....you cannot book an OV and expect to get a balcony. I think it is a ripoff....just my opinion.

Say for example you book an OV and get a 2 cat "upgrade", but then you are assigned to a cabin in a bad location, perhaps an OV at the very front of the ship or something like that.

Oh, I know---after you posted, I grabbed the details---I just don't know booking categories, etc as well as some of you guys. I can't figure out whether it's a "worthless" 2 cat upgrade, or something actually useful.

It could also be a 2 cat upgrade within the same Category. Anyways I don't care about 2 cat upgrades so I never put in for those, to me a Cat.4a is the same as a Cat.4c, they all have the same bed and shower in them.

Now if they were talking Onboard Credit, now we have something good.

Fred

I just signed up for "Visa Extras", a VISA debit card reward program. Noticed in the "sponsor deals" section that once you're enrolled, you can get a free 2 cat upgrade with Carnival. Anyone used this? A good deal? Impossible to get anything decent out of it?

Here are the details:

Receive up to a TWO category upgrade when paying with your Visa® card for your next Carnival Cruise Lines cruise.

To make a reservation and redeem this offer, click on the link and enter code CAV-08L or call Holidays in Motion at 1-800-871-1777 and mention code CAV-08L. Certificate redemption is solely the responsibility of Holidays in Motion, Inc.

# Offer applies to new individual bookings made through Holidays in Motion only.

# Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony).

# Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle.

# Offer is capacity controlled and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.

Yep, its not worth it if you can not jump for one category to the other like the OV to a Balcony.

Fred

Anyways I don't care about 2 cat upgrades so I never put in for those, to me a Cat.4a is the same as a Cat.4c, they all have the same bed and shower in them.

Fred

That's something I've wondered about, too. Never really seen TOO much difference between the Cats. Location, sure, but sometimes I can't figure why one is a B and one is a D. Baffling to this newish cruiser. :)

Here are the details:

Sounds like a pretty ordinary Travel Agency promotion. Note is says UP TO a 2 category upgrade. It doesn't mean you'll get one, however.

Book it and find out.

That's something I've wondered about, too. Never really seen TOO much difference between the Cats. Location, sure, but sometimes I can't figure why one is a B and one is a D. Baffling to this newish cruiser. :)

The letters just means you are 1 deck higher. Cat A is steerage or Riviera Deck and Cat E like Verandah deck which would be up in the Higher decks.

Its like buying a home on top of the hill, it would cost more but I don't buy it.

Fred

Fred

You didn't read the fine print! :) Inside to inside, out to out, balcony to balcony. So basically what they are offering is a different deck for the same room.

Archived