Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

One thing about Ob-OV cabins...you have to keep in mind..they are larger than an inside..therefore I think even if the view is not that good or totally obstructive..as least you get a larger cabin.

I have never noticed a difference in size of the between them. If there is the it is a couple of square feet. Maybe it varies with different ships classes.

I found this thread very helpful and am finding some sense of relief that maybe our E 503 and e 505 on the Golden will give a a "little" view. I had to book this cabin because it holds 4 and it was a bargain compared to other categories. There wasn't much left that would accomodate 4 beside a mini suite. If anyone has any pics of these views I would love to see them.

Thanks!:D

I found this thread very helpful and am finding some sense of relief that maybe our E 503 and e 505 on the Golden will give a a "little" view. I had to book this cabin because it holds 4 and it was a bargain compared to other categories. There wasn't much left that would accomodate 4 beside a mini suite. If anyone has any pics of these views I would love to see them.

Thanks!:D

This is E509 on the Crown which is in a similar position to E503 on the Golden.

3335370101_800d3fefb4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have pix of these Cat. F cabins on CARIBBEAN Princess please?

Im particularly interested in "The View", or lack of one!:eek:

Thanks!

I'm booked in E633 on Caribbean Princess. Would love to see the view from there, too.

I've just booked a short coastal cruise in the above so I can make elite status. I know I won't be in it for long but I'd be interested to see what the view (and the cabin) looks like it anyone has photos.

Thanks

I am booked in Golden 209 and found an interior shot from 'next door' and an exterior photo here at Cruise Critic. This appears to be the least obstructed of all and appears to have a strip of metal in front of the window but no boat. Here is a photo from Star Princess 212 (same as 211) and shows what is outside the next window (210 which is the same as 209). This is one of flowgto's photos that were posted at CC. If you look to the left you will see the apparent only obstruction. The Star is the sister ship to the Golden.

P1000187.jpg

this was also posted at Cruise Critic and I would like to give proper credit to the photog but don't remember who took it. You can see the piece of metal and it looks relatively unobstructed.

golden1.jpg

I will post pix from this cabin when I return....

This is E509 on the Crown which is in a similar position to E503 on the Golden.

3335370101_800d3fefb4.jpg

Yikes,

That's not much....but at least we will be able to tell if there is interesting scenery and head out. Anyone on the Golden know best way - UP or down to get out and view something quickly?

Yikes,

That's not much....but at least we will be able to tell if there is interesting scenery and head out. Anyone on the Golden know best way - UP or down to get out and view something quickly?

The great thing about the Emerald deck is that it's only 1 deck from the doorways to the promenade on Deck. And Cabin 503 is very close to the mid-ship (atrium) stairs/elevators so it's real quick and easy to get outside if there's something to see.

Here is a pic of the view of E319. I was suprised at the beer barrels outside the window but they were not an issue. We had plenty of light and on an Asian itinerary there is little to see from ship except the container ports.

IMG_2099.jpg.1ae47d39d49be56a36b05d1ddcf057bc.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting. We have an obstructed view for our next cruise on the Crown, but we're midship and I don't think we'll have the partial view you have. I think the larger life boats are right in front so I think we'll likely only see light.

Next time I may look for an OV on either end because I think there's a better chance of getting at least some view.

We are booked in E626 on the Sapphire Sept 19. Can anyone give me a link to view the lifeboat location relative to this cabin, or even better any pictures from this one?

We are booked in E626 on the Sapphire Sept 19. Can anyone give me a link to view the lifeboat location relative to this cabin, or even better any pictures from this one?

Looking at the Sapphire deckplans I'd say your stateroom window should give you a totally unobstructed view of...the starboard side of one of the tenders :confused:. Yup you are smack dab square in the middle of the thing.

Ciao for now!!!

This is not obstructed....There is a white metal fixture to the right from ceiling to floor very narrow

does not affect the view and two spotlights facing towards water which should not interfere with the cabin. Its a small cabin size of an Interior one.

Was overnight on Baja but went down to see after passengers had departed from it due to the fact as Elite don't have to hurry off the ship at certain time..:)

Edited by kruisey

kruisey:

we had an obstructed on the crown last year (can't remember the cabin # now, but it was on emerald deck).....didnt seem smaller than normal to me.

is E 323 on the emerald really smaller than a reg outside cabin?

kruisey:

This was Sapphire Princess and I had just come down from Baja were the only time I get an upgrade is on the one nighters it was a balcony.Walking into E410 it was smaller than the balcony stateroom.Notice on the Princess website it does not state the measurements of interiors,just that the amenities are the same as an interior.The cabin E410 is a nice little cabin but to me looked quite small.Its OK because its just for me and I am thrilled it has a great view.......:D

• 3 weeks later...

dbeckett, and a couple other posters wanted to see photos of the obstructed stateroom, e209 from the Golden when I returned. This would be the same as e210 on Golden Port side.

This was obstructed but not very obstructed at all and after a while I just didn't see the metal anymore. I took two shots from outside the cabin. You can see the obstruction (not a boat at least!). From a few feet away looking out, I didn't really notice the metal after a while.

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

Got any pictures of OV on the sea Princess?

We are currently booked guaranteed inside cabin. If a good deal came up to upgrade I would if it was worth it. We have over a year to move up if we can.

Also, a little off topic but I'll go ahead anyway and chance the rath of the moderators.

We booked an OV balcony on the Carnival Spirit. Very good deal. Anyway, I was wondering if any of the Princess ships have OV balconies?