Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

worked now ! thanks. looks like a view similar to the one we had on the crown last year....just fine with me (unless i get a free upgrade to a balcony cabin of course)...just wishing out loud. we have never gotten an upgrade. ever. with any line. oh well, cruising is great anyway.......but, wouldnt it be grand to have that fairy dust one day?

I've never booked an obstructed view cabin, but after seeing these shots, I would. Didn't realise there are fully and partially obstructed views, as the schedule of fares just reads "obstructed".

Don't book an obstructed until you see its position on the ship Anna. We have obstructed but with pretty clear views both on Star Princess and Westerdam. The pic of the obstructed cabin on Golden is the same view we will have on Star.

Thanks for posting the pics guys.

Many thanks to the picture posters on this thread!!! We were able to make an informed decision when picking an OV cabin on our upcoming (way in the future) 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!! :D :D :D

Cheers, Denise

Impossible to thank everybody who has posted pics. I didn't even know this thread existed. I've booked a cat HH guarantee on the Star. After seeing these pics, I'm not nearly so concerned as I once was. Yes, we could end up with a fully obstructed view of the side of a lifeboat, but from the looks of things, the ship was designed in such a way to allow an ocean view from pretty much every cabin.

Good stuff. Thanks all!

can you remember which cabin you had on emeral deck. We are cat gg which by the plans cabin 701-706. Haven't been allocated cabin yet, due to cruise Aug 7th 2010 but TA has said, cabin issued on arrival. If you have any photos, I would be very greatful.

does anyone have any info about cabins e308 and e322 on diamond princess? they are both listed as obstructed but we'd like to know how much we'll be able to see out of our window.

thanks in advance for your help.

linda kap

Thanks everyone for the great pics. We are booked on the Crown Princess in March and took the outside obstructed guarantee because the fare was the same as an inside. The cabins look to be laid out better than the insides and seem slightly larger.

does anyone have any info about cabins e308 and e322 on diamond princess? they are both listed as obstructed but we'd like to know how much we'll be able to see out of our window.

thanks in advance for your help.

linda kap

Here are some photos of E321 (opposite side to E322). From these pictures E323, which is the opposite of E322, would be to the right and have a very good view with minimal obstruction.

E308 would still be quite good but IMHO E322 would be the better choice.

141163159_E321Ahead.jpg.30d0317037ad19201ca43271494fb4e7.jpg

1198235048_E321Right.jpg.2f5d42189b3dc3e40d21640619d2e9ac.jpg

895985204_E321cloesup.jpg.76c54869457db1f96672cc3d11aa5a14.jpg

quote=Ando;25080181]Here are some photos of E321 (opposite side to E322). From these pictures E323, which is the opposite of E322, would be to the right and have a very good view with minimal obstruction.

E308 would still be quite good but IMHO E322 would be the better choice.

thanks so much for the pics:)

Looking for pix of E 230 or 231 on CB please. (Cat. F):D

We have this cabin for our NE cruise in September. I believe two posts shows photos of this cabin: Marie-Claude 10/12/09 and bermudiana 8/20/08. It doesn't look terrible at all.

Here is a link to my webshot pictures (#10 thru #18)on the Emerald Princess. We were in E701 and my DB in E633 right next door.

Neither of us heard any noise from the doors below us leading to the promenade deck. Or for that matter, we didn't hear any noise outside of our cabins at all. Great location.

For the cost of these Catagory F cabins, they were excellent!

Just a note: these cabins, on the Emerald Princess, would be identical on the Crown & Ruby.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112759580015325211uKgrOd

This is what CC is all about.....cruisers helping other cruisers. This thread is wonderful,

and I appreciate your sharing your pix and knowledge.