EDOCS, no luggage tags, what to do?

FMCowboy

We signed up for E-Docs, so we didn't get anything in the mail. Carnival's site says to put your luggage tags on PRIOR to leaving home. What do we do?

FM

One page of your e-docs contains your luggage tag. Simply print that page as many times as you need to so that all your luggage has a tag. Instructions on how to fold and attach the tags are also on that page.

Should be the last page of your eDocs, if you don't see them then you get get them once you hit the pier.

Your eDocs are not your Fun Pass. Log on to Carnival Website and click on MyCruise, or click on View Cruise details then click on My Documents.

Fred

I read somewhere on here to use clear packing tape to cover the paper luggage tags. I was afraid that the paper (even though it's folded in 3) would just rip off enroute to the pier. So yesterday we printed the tags, wrote our name on it and covered them with 2 strips of packing tape. Now they look/feel like regular luggage tags. We'll use a stapler to attach them to our luggage.

We signed up for E-Docs, so we didn't get anything in the mail. Carnival's site says to put your luggage tags on PRIOR to leaving home. What do we do?

FM

Just follow the instructions on the site and print them.

I also laminate them and staple them where marked!!!

Enjoy!!!

The luggage tags shouldn't be put on until the morning of the cruise before you leave for port. If you are flying in , put them on before you get a cab for the port, or transfer to the port. If you are diriving to port, no worries then, put em on just before you leave...

I use surplus label covers from work. I have three boxes and don't need them, so I use em to seal the two ends of the tags. I also used them to "laminate" the tag....they're gonna get tossed in time, so I might as well put them to good use!!!!!! Scotch tape would work as well, and scotch tape on a cruise could come in handy...

Some have suggested that if you're flying in, then to put them on before your flight, just in case your lugguage is lost...er, delayed:o Of course, then some stated, that if that happens, you'd need to fill out a report that would indicate where you'd be. 6 and 1/2 dozen, I guess.

I too, covered my tags with packing tape, punched a hole at the end and will attach with a zip tie.

If you're flying, it doesn't hurt to take some extra copies of the tags and a roll of tape (but no scissors!) in your carry on - then you can do a quick repair job at the arrival airport - one of our tags was quite mangled on our flight - got soaked in a snowstorm sitting on the tarmac, so the tape held just fine, but it was unreadable! We luckily had some extra tags to slap on, though.

I do like the old tags better, but the new seem to work.

After I printed our edoc tags, I "pseudo" laminated the tags by covering both sides with clear packing tape. Overlapped about an inch and stapled a few times. They did not come off - earlier this summer I went to use the bags again - tried ripping it off and I wound up having to cut them off w/ a scissor.

I find the the ones you print are too flimsy. The easiest thing to do is just ask the prters for luggage tags, add your name and cabin number and you are good to go. It might take an extra minute or two but it is not a big deal.

Archived