Viking Imperial Jewels of China question

txtravelgal

We did the city tour. The Snow Caves may be closed because of the earthquake. Also rain or snow may cause the caves to be closed.

Check the "Other Cruises" at the end of the first grouping of boards.

The is a very long "Viking China" with tons of info.

MSEm

Those on our tour who went to the Snow Jade cave said it had the most steps of any excursion.

Fengdu town itself has a lot of steps going up from the river, but the 'stick people' will cheerfully carry you up for $1US. The performance by the locals was entertaining and the market was varied and interesting. You can see my photos of Fengdu at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/billwitowski

MSEm is right, check out the Viking China thread.

WIT

We really liked the Snow Jade Cave which we did two years ago. I've been to many caves in many places, and I was very surprised how spectacular it was. Someone in our group was unsure of her footing, and there was always someone there to lend a hand and facilitate her walking in the cave. Is there a problem for you to walk through the cave? Plus the entrance to the cave is in a scenic spot. I can't speak about the Fengdu tour. As was suggested, check the Viking site. TT

My family and I visited the Snow Jade Cave last summer with Viking. I usually don't like enclosed places, but it was well worth the trip. I must have looked nervous and someone was with me at all stairs - whether I needed help or not. The people who went on the town trip said it was fun, but not remarkable - a performance was put on by some of the local people - we were glad we went to the cave. Another great reason was that it was really cool in the cave- a nice change from the 90 degree temps and high humidity!

We went to the Snow Jade Cave last summer with Viking. It was well worth the trip. Lots to see and the coolness of the cave was a welcome relief from the heat and humidity. There are stairs in the cave, but nothing too bad...I must have looked nervous and there was someone to help at every staircase, whether I wanted help or not. The people who went on the town tour said it was nice, but not remarkable. The local people sang and danced and I think they went to a market.

Ellen

Archived