Buffet dinner?

cruzisme

at night time does the buffet area (Mercury Palm Springs Cafe) transform into a more formal area with waiter service, tablecloths etc? just thinking that instead of dining in the formal dining room at our set time, we would go upstairs and dine at the Buffet if it is 'transformed' at night.

I am aware of the 'pay restaurant' option.

It is up in the same general area as the palm springs cafe, but not the entire area, more toward the back end of the ship/restaraunt. And it is not buffet, it is sit down, served on plates. But I understand it's a nice alternative. Never done it myself.

at night time does the buffet area (Mercury Palm Springs Cafe) transform into a more formal area with waiter service, tablecloths etc? just thinking that instead of dining in the formal dining room at our set time, we would go upstairs and dine at the Buffet if it is 'transformed' at night.

Hi:) yes, it turns into what is usually called

"Alternative Dining". Served on linen by wait staff.

Normally you have about 4 entree choices. They ask that

you make a reservation and suggest a 2.00 per person

gratuity. And yes, it is a more casual atmosphere.

Now, if there happens to be space available they will take you

without reserving but they do request it.

Enjoy your cruise.......I sail her next month:D

Mercury does not have a specialty restaurant that is a "pay restaurant" option, only the main dining room & the upstairs Alternative dining rooms. (of course, the pizza, sushi, etc offerings)

thank you all for your info.

this is a definite idea for us to consider and for a larger group we would reserve.

who do we talk to if we want to reserve for a larger group in the buffet for dinner?

gratuity for the server: do we just gather it up and present to him or leave it on the table?

thank you all for your info.

this is a definite idea for us to consider and for a larger group we would reserve.

who do we talk to if we want to reserve for a larger group in the buffet for dinner?

gratuity for the server: do we just gather it up and present to him or leave it on the table?

Hi,:) they have a Maitr'd that works that venue.

Will you be eating in the Main Dining room as well? I would

speak with your Maitr'd in there and he can point you

in the right direction:)

Or...if you are around the Breakfast or Lunch buffet...either

one, there are always Maitr'ds up there. You can talk

to one of them and they will be glad to help as well.

Unless it's changed bring the tip in cash. We're so used to not carrying and money the ship that we were embarassed one night in the alternate dinning area. We expected to just put it on our account, but they we're set up for it. We went back to the cabin to get teh tip.

I believe the servers are in training for the main dinning room so they try real hard but sometimes aren't as polished or comfortable as the main dinning room staff.

Archived