"Holiday" Cabin Questions

autumn70449

I am sailing on Carnival ship Holiday for the first time and I was wondering what the cabins are like. I have sailed on the Glory and the Conquest and really enjoyed all the amenities in the cabin like blow dryer, ice box, shampoo, etc. What does the cabin on the Holiday have??? Is there a particular cabin I want or deck I should try to get?? I hope they have the dream sleep stuff, cause I love that. also, any places on the ship for quiet interludes?? I am sailing for the Thanksgiving holiday 08. Thanks for all your help!!

I am sailing on Carnival ship Holiday for the first time and I was wondering what the cabins are like. I have sailed on the Glory and the Conquest and really enjoyed all the amenities in the cabin like blow dryer, ice box, shampoo, etc. What does the cabin on the Holiday have??? Is there a particular cabin I want or deck I should try to get?? I hope they have the dream sleep stuff, cause I love that. also, any places on the ship for quiet interludes?? I am sailing for the Thanksgiving holiday 08. Thanks for all your help!!

No blow dryers or fridges. You will have shampoo and soap in the cabin. Most people like the Empress but that is right under the dining rooms and galley. I prefer the Main deck as it is easier to get off the ship for dis-embark.

You will have the Carnival Comfort bed. The area aft right outside Doc Holidays is a quiet area.

Dave

Are you traveling with someone? How big is your group?

For singles or those who don't mind a bunk, there are 4 cabins across the back on the Upper deck that are bigger and with a window for the 1A rate - funky shaped, but my son loves them - more room and a window for the lower price that Mom is willing to pay - lol. We prefer midship or aft over front of the ship, in general. We've been on Upper and Empress decks - two future cruises are scheduled on Empress and Main decks.

No blow dryers or fridges. You will have shampoo and soap in the cabin. Most people like the Empress but that is right under the dining rooms and galley. I prefer the Main deck as it is easier to get off the ship for dis-embark.

You will have the Carnival Comfort bed. The area aft right outside Doc Holidays is a quiet area.

Dave

I was wondering Jetskier can you sit on the window sill and on M deck how far are ya above the water?? I was looking at a picture of the ship. Is the reason I am asking.

are all ABOVE water...Riv lowest, Main /boarding , next U, then E.. I've been on R n M, as well as U..love lower as it is away from 24 hr noiseand less motion ..get upgraded too..inside and out..book Gt'ee and get sometimes porty or pic window..inside suites as it is very dark...1a's are FWD, so very little traffic in the halls..and the "Riviera Bar, prices can't be beat!!:D

They may be ABOVE water, but if you are in big waves, the waves will be slapping at your window or porthole on Riveria deck. We had that for over 24 hours.

Well I am on M deck, Mid ship. I looked at the lay out. OV so wondering will I be able to sit in the window sill and look out?

Well I am on M deck, Mid ship. I looked at the lay out. OV so wondering will I be able to sit in the window sill and look out?

If you are mid-ship you will not be able to sit on the window sill and look out. The sill will be wide enough for a book and small items but not big enough to sit.

Thanks Dave!!! I see you go on CC cruises. How are they. I am thinking about doing one myself. Are the prices cheaper in the long run?:confused:

For me it is cheaper. For what I am paying for my NCL cruise in November I could have booked two 5-day sailings on Carnival. If you catch the rates at the right time, I have cruised from $199pp to $350pp. Usually the 5-day cruise is within $10-30 of the 4-day.

Every cruiseline has it pluses and minuses. Carnival has better bedding but NCL has a better sailaway. Bingo and drinks are cheaper on Carnival. NCL treats Cruise Critic meet and greets better. The Cruise and Hotel Director's are more seen in the passenger areas than the ones on Carnival. Carnival has more chances of scoring free drinks.

Dave

:) Thank you Jetskier.

So did you go ahead and book the 6-day out of Mobile on the Fantasy? I booked it but am still waiting for the military rates to be released.

Progreso 8-4pm

Cozumel 9-6pm

Costa Maya 7-3pm

Dave

No Not yet. We are going to do that when we get back home. Yes i am wondering what the discount is going to be too.. Got to love the miltary discount. I did call and got some rates. They are not bad.

I ended up with a 4A GTY at $379pp plus $97 tax and $108 fuel for a total of $963. First time that I could not get a GTY at the military rate. It would have been $30pp off if I took an assigned cabin.

I almost booked the Holiday again as the Sept 4th cruise was $169pp for a 1A GTY.

Dave

I ended up with a 4A GTY at $379pp plus $97 tax and $108 fuel for a total of $963. First time that I could not get a GTY at the military rate. It would have been $30pp off if I took an assigned cabin.

I almost booked the Holiday again as the Sept 4th cruise was $169pp for a 1A GTY.

Dave

The price i got for a OV was 439.00 pp with 142.00 tax and fuel charge. for 581.00pp. Total was 1062.00. I will have to look into the 4A. I wonder when they are going to do the miltary discount.

That is a awesome price for the Holiday.

I am sailing as a group on the Holiday November 22, 2008 for 5 days. I got my inside cabin at 470.87pp total price and oceanview cabins at 530.87pp total price. I have a few cabins left if interested.

Thanks to all who have responded to my questions. Cruise Critic is the best place to share knowledge! Whoo Hooo. Can't wait for November!!!!:rolleyes:

I am sailing for the Thanksgiving holiday 08. Thanks for all your help!!

Are you sailing on the 11/27 (Thanksgiving Day) sailing?? If so, so am I!!! We have a small roll call together in the roll call forum.

Archived