Dawn Late into NYC on the 24th

Cleetuss

Bad weather and rough seas are really a crap shoot on almost any cruise. We sailed the Dawn 11 day cruise on January 25th and had fairly calm seas both ways. In fact, the Captain remarked on our return to New York that we experienced the calmest seas he ever encountered off Cape Hatteras in winter. Under any weather conditions, I still think it beats trying to fly to Florida in a snowstorm and wondering if you will connect with your cruise.

I just had to repost that because it was so well said!

I am (selfishly) hoping the seas will calm in a week when I set sail!

Hi,

Me and my husband were supposed to tour the Dawn and have lunch on her today between 12 noon and 3pm, however, the person that arranged the meeting called at 10:30 last night to tell us it was still in Nassau so the meeting onboard was cancelled. I'm glad he called because it would have been an hour and a half ride one way for us.........guess we could have always just rode down to Times Square and purchased play tickets......LOL

Hope all that are cruising her this week have a safe and wonderful journey.

Beachbuddy

Hi,

Me and my husband were supposed to tour the Dawn and have lunch on her today between 12 noon and 3pm, however, the person that arranged the meeting called at 10:30 last night to tell us it was still in Nassau so the meeting onboard was cancelled. I'm glad he called because it would have been an hour and a half ride one way for us.........guess we could have always just rode down to Times Square and purchased play tickets......LOL

Hope all that are cruising her this week have a safe and wonderful journey.

Beachbuddy

WOW! How do you rate a tour and lunch on a ship? That sounds incredible! I hope you get to reschedule soon.

SandyCruise,

I work in a Human Resources Department of a Medical Center and I think they are targeting trying to get some seminars/training onboard for physicians and/or nurses. I received a letter and they also mentioned incentive programs and employee discounts so I thought why not go.....I have nothing to lose and I was really interested in touring the ship. I've only been on Royal Caribbean cruises (Explorer and Brilliance) and I wanted to see what the Norwegian line was like. I'm sure they will call me to reschedule it.

See ya,

Beachbuddy

Just got back from the 10/17 cruise.

We didn't get home to Brooklyn until after 9pm.

There was a medical emergency on the ship, and we had to go back to Nassau. We encountered very rough seas on the way home.

I still feel the rocking!!!

Sandycruise,

Another way for lunch and a tour of some ships is through nonprofit organizations. My wife and I had given to the Red Cross and the United Way for years. A few years ago we were invited to attend the annual meeting of the Red Cross on the Voyager of the Seas. We expected to eat at the buffet, but were served in the dinning room, including all the wine we could drink. Afterward we had the run of the ship for awhile. We jumped at the chance with United Way! We refer to these as our "3 hr tours" without Gilligan.

Joanne,

I too was on the Dawn last week, We had left Nassau and then had to go to Freeport for the medical emergency, the captain said the next day, he was in stable condition and would be flown to NY. As far as the rough seas, the waves were 18 to 27 ft., that was listed on channel 14. I spoke to some of the staff and they had told me it was comparable to when they were near the hurricane a few weeks ago. It was bad Sat, and Sun. I felt really bad about all the passengers who were waiting to board on the 24th. Hope they all got the message we would be so late.

SandyCruise,

I work in a Human Resources Department of a Medical Center and I think they are targeting trying to get some seminars/training onboard for physicians and/or nurses. I received a letter and they also mentioned incentive programs and employee discounts so I thought why not go.....I have nothing to lose and I was really interested in touring the ship. I've only been on Royal Caribbean cruises (Explorer and Brilliance) and I wanted to see what the Norwegian line was like. I'm sure they will call me to reschedule it.

See ya,

Beachbuddy

Hmmmm, Beachbuddy and Twain,

The training programs sounds very interesting.

I am a private practice occupational therapist/music therapist who is looking into going really cool places without breaking the bank by presenting my lectures onboard. I initially imagined having to send out flyers to professionals or parents of special needs students, but I also do alot of wellness, life management, etc. You never know. A possibility not looked into is a possibility lost, right? Would you have the name of the contact person on the Dawn by any chance? I think I'd like to look them up while onboard.

I wonder if anyone has an update on the passenger who was sick.

I hope that the sick passenger will be ok!!! I was so looking forward to seeing the Dawn yesterday as I came off CCL's Legend - bummed that I didn't get the chance! We hit pretty rough seas also - and we just went straight out and back again. Still feel a little bit of movement. We were late sailing on Friday too - did not leave out until 6pm but it was beautiful seeing NY lit up at night!!!!!

Did the Dawn go to the private island last week? We are leaving on OCt. 31st and we were looking forward to the private island its always our favorite stop. How was the weather leaving NY on Monday last week was it warm enough to sit out? So sorry about the person who was sick. Last year we left N>Y> on the Dawn and we were only by the statue of liberity and we had to turn back for a passenger who died. What a sad way to start our trip, we could not get how sad the wife must have been. Hope next week is better.

Archived