Suite for 5

Donna - dsw

depends on the ship, there are a few in the Carnival Spirit class that have an inside and balcony cabin attached (connecting door). Makes it ALOT cheaper than a Cat 12 Suite - also like 6rugrats says, 2 bathrooms always a big + - BUT you will have more on fuel surchages with 2 cabins...lots to look at I guess

depends on the ship, there are a few in the Carnival Spirit class that have an inside and balcony cabin attached (connecting door). Makes it ALOT cheaper than a Cat 12 Suite - also like 6rugrats says, 2 bathrooms always a big + - BUT you will have more on fuel surchages with 2 cabins...lots to look at I guess

I vote two cabins when going with older kids. The extra bath is great and its pretty much always cheaper than a suite with equivalent space (even with fuel charges).

Hi. We were in a regular balcony (DD 8 and DS 14) last June and it was perfect for the 4 of us. (this was on the Valor) Someone I met on the cruise had a Cat 12 Suite and it was huge! With one extra person, I agree the extra bathroom would be a plus! You could get away with 5 in the Suite, though.

Will a Cat. 12 Suite be okay for 5 people. 2 Adults and 3 kids ages 8, 9, and 14. Or would we be better off getting 2 inside rooms?

Have you thought about a balcony and an inside across from the balcony? Our kids are 14, 12, 9 and we are putting the two older ones in an inside and keeping the younger one with us. We really like having 2 bathrooms, especially with adolescents. It was ALOT less expensive to book this way than to book 5 in a suite and we really want 2 bathrooms.

Will a Cat. 12 Suite be okay for 5 people. 2 Adults and 3 kids ages 8, 9, and 14. Or would we be better off getting 2 inside rooms?

I do not think that the Spirit Class ships on Carnival allow for 5 in any one cabin. We were in a cat. 11 last week on the Miracle with a max of 4. The cat. 12 were also max. of 4 passengers.

I think that this is also true for the Conquest class, Splendor, and Dream from what I can see on the websites since I am looking at my next cruise.

Archived