Things I learned at a Princess seminar

hc00010

New menus are being implemented with over 300 new recipes and they are in place on the Emerald, Crown, Royal, Caribbean, and Grand.
Thanks for taking the time to post that information.

We were on the July 28 sailing of the CB and I'd have to say I didn't notice any change in the dining room menus since our August 2007 Crown cruise. We're pretty satisfied with most of the offerings as they are.

Lew

Hopefully the lemonade is available all the time, and not just certain times of the day. If so, I might do without a soda card (which I'm sure they don't want to hear many of us say LOL)

Mrs2cats - my fiance and I are vegetarians as well. We noticed in the Horizon Court once with the potato salad that there were bacon bits in it...I'm kinda used to just being careful to be sure that there isn't meat in dishes when I'm eating in restaurants and such since I've had to do this for my whole life (I was raised as a vegetarian). We found that for the most part, there were always plenty of vegetarian options, especially in the dining room. We've always been super happy with Princess menus so hopefully the new menus still have plenty of vegetarian options!

We ate in the dining rooms too and like a lot of restaurants anywhere, there was probably only one main course that was vegetarian. We like dining in Horizon Court but most of the time I ate salads with whatever else I could find. My moan is that meat eaters have far more choice than vegetarians at every meal. Have Princess not heard of vegetarian sausage for breakfast. On Mexican night where was the veggie chilli? Mind you there was no other chilli either.

Some good looking Italian guy wearing a Speedo misting you with some cool water.. :D:D

With my luck it will be some 400 pound bald guy in a speedo with his belly hanging out and matted chest hair :eek:

New menus are being implemented with over 300 new recipes

As I have unintentionally and unwillingly started my day today at 4:00 AM the first thought that came to mind was that these new menus will implement cost cutting measures.

It amuses me to see that so many other people are excited to see the free lemonade. I wonder if I could fill a pitcher to take it to my balcony. :D

Like others, I also wonder where anyone will find room to excercise in their cabins. Standing on the bed? :p

Will the first person to spot free lemonade in the buffet please let us know!!!!

According to the OP it will go fleet wide in 2009. So that is still quite a wait yet.

Marilyn

Like others, I also wonder where anyone will find room to excercise in their cabins. Standing on the bed? :p

In the small area between the bed and the balcony. That is of course if your beds are in the Queen configuration. You'll have enough space as if you were using a stair stepper, so those exercises have to be space modified. Should be interesting. At least once. :D

Chef's Table ($75.00 per person, includes wine and champagne, and cookbook worth $38.00) is now available on the Emerald, Crown, Caribbean, Star, Dawn, Sea, and Grand. By the end of 2008, it will be on the Golden and Ruby. By the end of '09, it will be on the Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Coral, Pacific, Tahitian, and Royal.

I hope it's available on Sapphire by August 09, when I'll be cruising to Alaska!

Coming throughout 2009, lemonade and waffle stations in buffet, evening canapes in various places (free), chilled face clothes, misting stewards, and free hot chocolate and buoillon on deck in Alaska.

That's great, too! I'm accustomed to lemonade and waffles (on another line), and was getting set to endure the disappointment! :) But the free hot chocolate and bouillon on deck surpasses paying for hot chocolate (as we did on our last cruise to Alaska).

More destination specific entertainment (folkloric shows, etc.)

Another good idea! It would be nice if more cruise lines did this (and even nicer if they made some sort of a nod to the location of the cruise in their menus.)

Thanks for the update!

Archived