List of Options for 45 Day Letter

UncleInci

I see this question asked a lot, so when I called and applied my 45 day letter to an upcoming sailing, I wrote the options down:

1. Bottle of Wine (Red or White)
  2. Bottle of Champaign
  3. 4 Bar Coupons
  4. 4 Soda Coupons
  5. $15 off Photo Coupon
  6. Fruit Basket
  7. 6oz Chocolate Funship
  8. 8oz Chocolate Assortment
  9. Cabin Decorations

They will ask you for your first and second choice.

Rob

I see this question asked a lot, so when I called and applied my 45 day letter to an upcoming sailing, I wrote the options down:

2. Bottle of Champaign
  3. 4 Bar Coupons
  4. 4 Soda Coupons
  5. $15 off Photo Coupon
  6. Fruit Basket
  7. 6oz Chocolate Funship
  9. Cabin Decorations

Rob

I have a 45 day letter and I love the choices. Will probably go with 4 bar coupons OR a photo coupon.

2. Bottle of Champaign
  3. 4 Bar Coupons
  4. 4 Soda Coupons
  5. $15 off Photo Coupon
  6. Fruit Basket
  7. 6oz Chocolate Funship
  9. Cabin Decorations

Rob

Yep... that's exactly right... I just got off the phone with Guest Relations about my 45 day letter!!

:D

I chose the bottle of red wine for DW and I to share at dinner one night. I know it's not great wine but it's one night I don't have to buy a bottle!

It's a Merlot... The fella I talked to does lots of 45 day letters and he's been trying to get he Maitre d' to tell him what the winery is. The Maitre d' won't do it as they often have to substitute...

Fairly new here...What's a 45 day letter?

Hiya, Frenchy!! Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

The 45 day letter... After your cruise you can send a letter to the folks at Carnival Guest Relations and tell them the high points, the low points if there were any, and the names of the crew and staff who made your voyage memorable.

Often, not always but often, you'll receive a '45 Day Letter'. It's a personalized letter thanking you for your input and offering you a gift for your next cruise. You saw the list of available items above. When you're within 45 days of your next sailing you can call and select an item, sometimes two, from the list. It's just a very nice gesture thanking you for your time and input.

Here's the address for Guest Relations:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

It's a sparkling wine... Italian...

In order to ba called 'Champagne' it has to be produced in France, in the Champagne region...

Mach, thanks.. I was thinking maybe it was non alcohol.. Now I feel dumb, I didn't know champagne had to be produced in the Champagne area..

Never ceases to amaze me the things one learns on Cruise Critic..:)

Regarding champagne, this is word they used. They did not use "sparkling wine". If you look at the Bon Voyage department on the Carnival website, they do distinguish between the two. As such, I'd assume it would be a real bottle of champagne (perhaps a split?).

Anyone ever get one to know for sure?

2. Bottle of Champaign
  3. 4 Bar Coupons
  4. 4 Soda Coupons
  5. $15 off Photo Coupon
  6. Fruit Basket
  7. 6oz Chocolate Funship
  9. Cabin Decorations

Just curious as to the retail price of these things....anyone know?

Obviously the $15 Photo Coupon is $15. How much do cabin decorations usually cost?

I'm counting the days 'til I can call mine in. I'll probably go with the Bar or Photo coupons.

Just curious as to the retail price of these things....anyone know?

Obviously the $15 Photo Coupon is $15. How much do cabin decorations usually cost?

I'm counting the days 'til I can call mine in. I'll probably go with the Bar or Photo coupons.

I'd estimate the "value" of the gift to be $15-$25 depending on what you get. The bar coupons have a clear face value of $21.25. Decorations generally run about $30 from the shops - though I have no idea what you would consider their "value" to be. It's not a lot; but, it is a nice "thank you" from Carnival.

I too picked the Bar coupons first and the soda second! (not real big Wine drinkers) I had written a letter to CCL about our PVP he is just terriffic better than my local TA! :eek: As a reference they used our last Carnival Cruise. We are on a B2B in September so I chose the 2nd Cruise to recv. the gift as we had already order a couple of things for the first leg.:D

I think you have to make the extra effort and mail it snail mail. But we did type and print our letter from the PC and then sign it. Make's it easier for the folks at Guest Relations to read! :) Remember when your on a Cruise if a Crew member does something nice or just treats you a little "extra" special get their name (write it down so you don't forget, trust me they know it means something good, usually) when you get home take a few minutes write a letter including the name (s) you just never know you too may be enjoying a special gift on your next Cruise!;)

I wrote my letter via e-mail 2 days ago. I received an e-mail today saying that they received my e-mail and would be replying via US Mail. They also gave me a Special Advisors phone number to call with a file number to reference if I should "require immediate assistance." I haven't seen anyone else here note that they received such a response. Does everyone get a file number when they write a letter?

Thanks!

Archived