door signs...are they done in Australia?

sailingmum

First time cruiser here...

I was reading in another part of this site about making decorations to put up on your cabin door, and thought it was a great idea.

But I just spoke to my sister who went on the Pacific Sky a few years ago, and she says that she doesn't remember seeing ANY doors decorated. I don't want to be the only one!

So, is door decorating done or not?

We have sailed on the Pacific Star, the Pac Sky and Pac Sun several times and have never seen decorations on cabin doors. On the American section of the forum I have seen reference to decorations on cabin doors.:):)

I think it may be the norm for the amercian cruises.

Some one on our roll call is making door signs for everyone and putting them up but they are on BTB cruises. As it is a xmas cruise and we are from different corners of the world., OZ, NZ Uk, canada as well as USA, they are using that as a theme as well.

We did decorate our kids cabin door on our sun princess cruise but it was also his 18th birthday.

On the RCL site you can actually pay for them to decorate your room for birthdays, weddings etc.

On our recent cruise there were heaps of decorated doors for Honeymooners, Anniversaries and Birthdays. Lots of balloons stuck to the outside of them. We even decorated the window of our cabin.

We had our wedding anniversary on our last cruise and the cabin steward decorated the door with silver balloons and a sign. There were lots of similar decorations done by cabin stewards (birthdays, weddings & anniversaries). I just haven't see much in the way of personal decorations on doors (and I thought that is what we were talking about).:):) That is on six cruises on the Pacific Star and Sun in seven months and previously on the Pac Sky!:D:D:D

I printed mine from here - I think from the meet & mingle part.

It's very colourful says "I'm a cc member and will be at the meet & mingle"

I think it became an option once we had our numbers for a M&M

i MIGHT DO SOMETHING CHRISTMASSY!

So if i did little signs for the 3 cabins we are in they wouldprobably not be taken off?????

It's going to kill me to not have all my christmas stuff (or crap as hubby calls it) around me during the cruise so I'll do little door signs and some advent calendars for the kids:D

I have been told that some of the cruises frequented by much older people dont have much in the way of decorating thier doors> I suppose they have enough trouble with the walkers and gophers to bother decorating the door but then again it would make it easier to find your way back if you were sight impaired or alcohol impaired:D

:D

Go for it, Gratz. All it will do is make everyone smile. :)

Absolutely right Brushtail...we are Aussies, not too shy....go for it. I think it is great idea.

Pity I did not think of it when I was nineteen I had a bugger of a time finding my cabin..kept finding these cute boys instead:p

Ah memories!!

On our last cruise on the Pacific Sun I created 12 separate pages, one for each day, of jokes, pithy sayings and sea anecdotes in a Word document. I printed them on different coloured paper a put a new one up each day, leaving the others there too.

We always had people at our door reading and laughing at them and it's a great way to meet people and easy to find our door.

By the end of the cruise the door was fully covered.

I'm happy to share the file with anyone who wants it.

Please email direct to peter.dunlop\at/uts.edu.au. Make appropriate change to address. I won't respond to requests from this forum.

On our last cruise on the Pacific Sun I created 12 separate pages, one for each day, of jokes, pithy sayings and sea anecdotes in a Word document. I printed them on different coloured paper a put a new one up each day, leaving the others there too.

We always had people at our door reading and laughing at them and it's a great way to meet people and easy to find our door.

By the end of the cruise the door was fully covered.

I'm happy to share the file with anyone who wants it.

Please email direct to peter.dunlop\at/uts.edu.au. Make appropriate change to address. I won't respond to requests from this forum.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing,

I'm loving it, very witty and interesting. I can just imagine people standing there reading the door!

Will use them for our next cruise and just adjust a few thinks like birthdays.

Almost forgot to add, fantastic photos love your light house shot.

Glenda

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing,

I'm loving it, very witty and interesting. I can just imagine people standing there reading the door!

Will use them for our next cruise and just adjust a few thinks like birthdays.

Almost forgot to add, fantastic photos love your light house shot.

Glenda

so glenda...do you think I should take some 40th decorations to stick to our cabin door?

so glenda...do you think I should take some 40th decorations to stick to our cabin door?

Sure do Michelle, although hopefully your cabin steward will put up a birthday sign and some balloons for you too. But if you add your own touches it will really stand out as special for your 40th.

It's really nice I found for my 50th people would stop and say happy birthday as we had the balloons and birthday notice and it does make your birthday feel that little bit extra special.

Sure do Michelle, although hopefully your cabin steward will put up a birthday sign and some balloons for you too. But if you add your own touches it will really stand out as special for your 40th.

It's really nice I found for my 50th people would stop and say happy birthday as we had the balloons and birthday notice and it does make your birthday feel that little bit extra special.

ok...willl have a look around town over the weekend and see what I can find.

cant wait the time is going by so quickly...so exciting!!

ok...willl have a look around town over the weekend and see what I can find.

cant wait the time is going by so quickly...so exciting!!

You are going to have the best birthday ever on this cruise!

It is going really fast 3 weeks tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Archived