Suggestions for malaga on your own

I'm not really the excursion type (either ship or private) but I'd welcome any advice from anyone who has explored malaga on their own. I speak some Spanish, so dont mind using local transport. Does the ship dock within easy walking distance of the town centre does anyone know? What are the main attractions in the town itself?

Thanks

We were in Malaga last year. it is a beautiful town to just wonder through. There are lovely shops and old winding streets. We sat at a cafe to have a Capuccino and people watch. It was in the middle of town and the pavement looked like it was made of marble.

You can always take the hop-on hop-off tour bus. This is always an easy alternative for getting an overview of the city. I remember the walk from our ship to the port entrance was kind of long in a very hot sun. I don't remember a port shuttle but I could be wrong.

http://www.malagaturismo.com/jsp/malagapractica/como_dezpl.jsp?opc=55&id_idioma=2

Archived