Who's gotten to sit w/ Captain / Staff?

caliseas

Just curious if anyone know's how the Captain and their staff chooses what table to join for dinner?

We have been fortunate and have sat once w/ Captain and once with the Food/Bev Director. We enjoyed the great conversations and of course the complimentary wines, beverages, pictures and after dinner drinks! Don't know how we were picked, but enjoyed it both times!

Who else has had this experience and do you know why/how you were chosen?

for most meals in in the Senoir Rates mess..sometimes there are 2, on in each DR, where they appear only on those special nights. I have been invited , last year..Guess I'm just nice to have around;) ..lucky

I was Ms. Random again.. I got the only invite to Capt table this week..I looked like a bride in beige lace, and they were all in dress whites, as man-maids!..It was a most stimulating evening, and I was allowed to tour the bridge yesterday w/ Staff Capt Strano, and Capt, himself. Still, lucky

Last cruise on the Holiday and the last night the captain and his wife joined our solo cruisers table for dinner. Normaly 9 of us, this night only 6 showed up. One of the waiters came over and asked if we minded having guest for dinner (did not tell us who) and we said of course not. A couple of minutes latter up come the Captain and his lady. Vary unexpected and very welcome.

Does anyone know what the criteria is if any for being selected to eat with the Captain or in the case of traveler53...having the captain decide to join your table?

It would be great if this would happen to us on my next cruise. I hope he peruses this site...pick me Captain:D

Am I the only one that doesn't feel that this is a big deal?

I have never even thought of eating with any of the ships company.

I am not even sure I would accept if invited. :(

Am I missing anything?

I am being serious.

Really. :confused:

Ahh, a kindred spirit. I wasn't going to post that. Thought it made me sound strange. I'm not generally impressed with titles. Its a job.. we all have jobs.. I'd probably rather they sat me with someone who is on their first cruise. I love that excitment.

Am I the only one that doesn't feel that this is a big deal?

I have never even thought of eating with any of the ships company.

I am not even sure I would accept if invited. :(

Am I missing anything?

I am being serious.

Really. :confused:

Count me as one who wouldn't want to eat at the Captain's table Ron. The table is usually set with so much silverware and plates, that I'm afraid I would choose the wrong fork, or spoon and embarrass myself. :D I wouldn't mind having an officer sit with us, however my husband and I normally ask for a table for two, so it might be a little crowded.

When we were on a B2B on a ship, a few years ago, we did get an invite to see the bridge with a small group of others, which we accepted. That is the way I like to meet the Captain, in a more, less formal setting.

Oh thank GOD.

I thought I was about to get slammed! LOL

I was being serious. I hope I don't upset anyone.

I am glad I am not alone.

Everyone has a job to do. None is more important than another. Thats how I see it anyway.

If anything I guess I would prefer to eat with the room steward and waiter. Those guys work their butts off!

But thats just me.

:)

and I know what fork to use, when, and to butter the bread politically correct, so an invite for me is nice. Lovely selections of wines, and waters. And I've cruzed since 1969, with many a ship, and tales to tell, I enjoy the information exchange between the Staff, and I get to practice, parla piccolo Italiano. Many of them are familiar with some of my past accquaintences, or ships. I do like my table mates, and do apprise my waiters, that I will be absent for dinner that night. I was also introduced to Gerry Cahill in May, and shared drinks with the staff on formal night, this due to friendship of a 35 years ago past Jr. Purser from Sitmar, now the producer of the stage shows for Carnival, Roger Blum. Guess I just have one of those faces or personalities. So, I consider myself, Lucky..to be asked

Archived