another guarantee question

lynnw68

I just wondered how close to sailing you could actually get your assignment. Has anybody gotten it several days before sailing? I think the latest I've seen posted is something like 23 days.

People say right up to the time you cruise, thats how close to cruising you can get it. They mean even the day of the cruise or the day before, or the day before that. I booked last cruise 4 days before the cruise and had my assignment within hours, but yes less than 4 days before boarding.

I think thats why people are puzzled by the question.

Didn't mean to puzzle anybody, I just never heard of anybody getting their cabin several days before. :confused: Everybody talks about how early they get their assignments, not how late. I have wondered, why do you get your cabin at the dock? I'm pretty sure they have to have their passenger list up to date several days before, so I would think the would have cabin assignments at this time. Just curious. This is the first time I've ever had a guaranteed cabin and it is driving me crazy! This is a group cruise and I have always picked my own cabin out when I have booked for myself.

They say if you dont have it before you get to the dock, its almost always good luck and you've been upgraded. I figure the longer I wait for my assignment the better.

When I booked last minute I booked inside guarantee and got upgraded to bottom deck, OV.

Fred booked the morning he was going to cruise, so Im sure he got his last minute. I used to hear they had to turn the manifest in 3 days before and folks would say you cant book that last minute, but everyone at my dining table booked later than me, half within 48 hours of the ship leaving the dock. None of us booked in time to make the manifest the porters have at the port.

I just wondered how close to sailing you could actually get your assignment. Has anybody gotten it several days before sailing? I think the latest I've seen posted is something like 23 days.

Even if it arrives 23 days to cruise date, it can still change once at the pier. So when I get mine I don't get too excited until I'm actually onboard.

Fred

Fred booked the morning he was going to cruise, so Im sure he got his last minute. I used to hear they had to turn the manifest in 3 days before and folks would say you cant book that last minute, but everyone at my dining table booked later than me, half within 48 hours of the ship leaving the dock. None of us booked in time to make the manifest the porters have at the port.

Yep, on April 18th, I booked at 7:40am and was onboard by 11:50am that same morning. I asked what cabin they had left, she told me and I took it and off I went.

Fred

Someone on the Crazies who cruises in 4 weeks I think it is, says her cruise is still TBA. She is getting anxious to see where they put her lol.

I booked a assigned cabin in 2 weeks, so no suspense this time. Fred I got both of your special cabins for the 3 of us :D

Archived