Carnival roommate matchup

tack42

Has anyone cruised with Carnival and had them match you up with a roommate? Want to cruise but don't want to pay crazy supplements. Thank you for your help. Tom

Carnival hasnt had that program for quite some time. I think HAL, might still offer it.

Some of the single group cruises offer a matching program. You can google to find some of those groups.

No carnival does not do this. One of the online travel agency that has single cruises that they will match you up with a roommate. Try one of those. To have Carnival set up roommates would be a huge liability and they will not do this.

No carnival does not do this. One of the online travel agency that has single cruises that they will match you up with a roommate. Try one of those. To have Carnival set up roommates would be a huge liability and they will not do this.

Carnival did it for years, the reason they discontinued the program was due to lack of interest.

I did it once in for the Xmas cruise in 1991, and I would NEVER do it again. I would rather pay trhe single supplement than get stuck with a stick-in-the-mud cabinmate like I had. I sometimes wish I had the cabin next to me, one of the ladies in that cabin was everywhere and anywhere the action was....everyone knew who Joyce was.....even me, but no, I got stuck in a cabin with Laura a 30ish year old smoker who was seasick the whole time. She was ever so agreeable to switch off the bunks, but somehow she seemed to get it most nights, AND forget that I was sharing the cabin and LOCK me out several times....I had a great time, she didn't (she was peeved off that they moved her to a cabin with me instead of giving her a single inside cabin on the lower deck that sh e paid for..she got upgraded to a OV three decks up and got a roommate while two people got her cabin...the ship sailed over max capacity.....)

I went on my first Carnival cruise as a single. I had just lost my husband 10 months earlier and just wanted to get away and had never cruised before. I got matched up with another young single cruiser (maybe 4-5 years younger than me) who had lost her husband a couple of years before. So there we were, two strangers, both widowed at a young age, who spent the week sharing our stories, crying, grieving and laughing. We were so good for each other!! She and I became good friends and though we didn't live close to each other, kept in touch after the cruise. It was still one of the best cruises I have had!

they do have the 1a cabins which are cheaper for singles

I know that when we do the group cruises they can add

the 1a cabins on for 150% instead of 200% of the cost

there is also a solo traveller website somewhere on yahoo groups

that you can possibly find your own solo cabin mates

hope that helps you out some

Carolina

You can only pay 50% supplement with a 1A cabin, so Carnival does help more than most cruiselines. Many of these have port holes.

You mean, I can get a 50% off rate if I book an inside 1A?

Really?

I am so going to check that one out.

You mean, I can get a 50% off rate if I book an inside 1A?

Really?

I am so going to check that one out.

I think they meant 50% over the 100% you're already paying, so its usually a 150% of the normal price. :D

You can only pay 50% supplement with a 1A cabin, so Carnival does help more than most cruiselines. Many of these have port holes.

On many sailings that is NOT true anymore. :(

Although some ships the 1As are 150%, most of the sailings you'll get quoted DOUBLE the DO rate with one set of port charges taken off. Gone are the days when I used to cruise new ships SOLO for $600-700. :(

This has what has always kept me cruising Carnival instead of trying Princess, because Princess does 200% DO for everything. Now maybe I'll look at their pricing on some itineraries also.

Tom.... would you really want to spend a week in a small cabin with somebody you know nothing about?

I think I'd rather save a bit longer and pay the supplement. JMHO.

This comment makes perfect sense.

I would be a bit leary of bunking with a stranger. I did in the Marines but then again I wasn't paying for a luxury cruise!:D

Archived