4 adults in D1 on Voyager-class (AOS) ??'s

hilltopfamily

Hi all! I'd appreciate any help I can get on what the sleeping arrangements are in D1's on Voyager-class ships, Adventure of the Seas in particular. when booking 4 people. I need to get us booked this week for Oct. of 05 and was planning on doing a D1 until I saw a couple comments on the sleeping arrangements. I wasn't very clear on what was being said so...

Do the D1's have the upper beds that come down from the wall or ceiling? And are these what RCI calls the "pullman" berths? If so, can 2 sleep in the twins, 1 on a sofa bed, and 1 have an upper berth that pulls down at night & is stowed away in the day? Or did I understand that 2 will have to sleep together on the sofa bed and 2 in the twins?

Traveling is myself (I'm the only one who has been on a cruise before), my SIL, my neice, and another girlfriend. So...4 females who don't really wish to snuggle up close with each other! Just wondering how RCI would arrange for 4 to sleep in this room, because it will easily book us all in there but I can't figure out from the "key" or "legend" of symbols how the set-up would be. And financially I don't think we could book 2 rooms & put 2 people in each. Thanks for any help you can give!!! (I'll post this over on the RCI board also & hope for some help! thanks!)

For cabins that sleep 4 people.. you will get two beds that push together. (if you do not want them together the cabin steward will seperate them and make them 2 beds) one bed will pull out of the wall...then the sofa will convert to a bed at night.

Here is a picture of a pull down bed if you can see around oour cabin decorations. http://joephila.net/cruise/ship16.jpg

PS- i think you got an awesome rate for the 3rd and 4th passenger if you are paying 299 each for those.

Serene: I was hoping you'd see my ??'s and post~~~I see your posts frequently here and I know you are a wealth of knowledge here on the boards! :)

Anyway, that's exactly what I was seeing conflicting reports of! I saw a couple posts where it said the 4th person had to share the sofa bed. When I look online at the D1's, none of them list an upper berth. And the online site I'm trying to book at shows all 4 berths as "lower berths" and no upper berth appears listed. :confused: Also, in trying to decipher RCI's book, I don't see that the D1 rooms have the symbol to show an upper berth present in that class of rooms.

In going back to the internet site I'm thinking of booking at, it looks like we'd roughly spend the same amount of $$ for all 4 of us in one D1 as if we split up and got 2 inside rooms. Getting 2 bathrooms and more space may be a better trade than getting the balcony room. But you're right~~~the price for the 3rd & 4th person is great right now!! It is $309.05 for cruise, port, and taxes per person for the 3rd & 4th. That's quite the deal! Decisions, decisions! Thanks for the picture. Do you recall what cateory room is that taken of?

My pic was taken of a D-1. (I can't imagine 2 people sharing that sofa..lol

Most of the sofa beds dont fold out like we have at home. The back drops down and its made into a bed.

and thanks for the compliment. I have been away last week on vacation and took a cruise on the LEgend to nowhere.

Archived