bon voyage gifts what did you get?

Toni12345

When you call before your cruise you will be given a list from which to pick your first and second choices. Some of the choices are: bottle of wine, 4 drink coupons, photo coupons, fruit basket and a few others. We've always gotten our first choice but we pick the drink coupons and it's not like they would be out of them.

Linda

1. Bottle of Wine (Red or White)
  2. Bottle of Champaign
  3. 4 Bar Coupons
  4. 4 Soda Coupons
  5. $15 off Photo Coupon
  6. Fruit Basket
  7. 6oz Chocolate Funship
  8. 8oz Chocolate Assortment
  9. Cabin Decorations

They will ask you for your first and second choice.

I ordered the white wine with my 45 day letter. The lady I spoke to said the wine could show up anytime during the cruise and I thought this was strange. I expected it to be in my cabin upon boarding. I leave on 9/7 so I guess I'll find out then.

Will somebody answer our questions please?

What is a 45 day letter? Should we expect a letter to come in the mail? I've never gotten any freebies from Carnival. I always book through a TA. Could this be why? How can I get drink coupons? I leave on my cruise in about 56 days. Any help would be appreciated.

I am curious too. Is this just for people who book through Carnival, or can people get them if booking through an agent?

This is will my 2nd cruise, maybe I'll get something! LOL I'm still planning on purchasing the bon voyage room decoration thing for our cabin. I want this to be an extra special trip for my kiddos! They will be so suprised.

Hello everyone. A 45 day letter is this: after your cruise, send a letter or e-mail to Carnival guest relations. Tell them about your experience...the good, the bad, the whatever else. Randomly, Carnival replies with a response (the 45 day letter) instructing you to call them within 45 days of your next sailing. You will be able to choose one of the items listed earlier in this thread. Getting a 45 day letter is pure luck, no way to know until it arrives.

After my last cruise I sent an email to Carnival complimenting my cabin stewart and my waiters. I got a letter back stating that I could get a gift on my next cruise and to call 45 days before sailing to set up the gift. I was given several choices and picked a bottle of wine but as I said, I do not know which day it will make its appearance.

I ordered the white wine with my 45 day letter. The lady I spoke to said the wine could show up anytime during the cruise and I thought this was strange. I expected it to be in my cabin upon boarding. I leave on 9/7 so I guess I'll find out then.

My 45 day letter says "We will arrange to have a Bon Voyage gift in your cabin upon arrival".

Do you still have your letter? Does yours say that?

Yes, I still have my letter and it does say in my cabin on arrival.......but as I said the lady I spoke to told me that it could come any day of the cruise. I still think this is strange so maybe she didn't know what she was talking about. But she was very nice.

Archived