Mariner of the Seas/Port Canaveral ???'s

I am hoping to get answers to many questions!

Does anyone know of a low cost car rental company that I can rent a car from in Orlando and drop off in Port Canaveral (with shuttle to port)? If I am a platinum member with boarding privileges, will the rest of my party (5 of us total) be allowed to join me or are the privileges only for me? Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach or even Melbourne? We would prefer to be on the beach(of course!). How much does the cruise lines shuttle back to Orlando cost? Would it be possible to get off the ship first and make an 11:30am flight from Orlando? Please answer any or all of these questions if you dare!!! Thanks!

Hi Aprilaz...I will try to answer what I am able. We just got off the Mariner and had a wonderful week! We used Budget and it was reasonable and logistically worked great. We got the car at the Orlando airport, dropped it off in PC for approx. $40. (had a Taurus/Sable type) We stayed at the Radisson but would not stay there again. Just a short distance down the road there were multiple oceanfront hotels available. We will try Ron Jon's Cape Caribe next time. After disembarkation (we had the earliest tags and were out in the parking lot by 8:10am), we caught the Budget shuttle and got our car and were in Orlando by a little before 10am. This car's cost was approx. $60. It is very possible to make your 11:30 flight but of course you are taking a risk...you never know what may cause delays, etc. If you enjoy a little risk taking, go for it!! Have a great trip...I'm jealous!

Lori

I alweays recommend The INN at Cocoa beach.. very nice.. there are lots of others just make sure if you want ocean front that you get above the 1st floor as we have a natural barrier and you can not see form he 1st floor.

Good morning!

We did some pricing on rentals and found Avis to be the cheapest. Around $30 there, but it was a bit higher on the way back. I wanna say around $50 (supply thing). The RCI shuttle is $38 pp round trip. I think there may be a discount for children but not 100% on that.

My advise on the hotel is to use priceline. Radisson is like $100 a night and I've heard bad things about them. I went on priceline and got HoJo's for $45 and they also have a shuttle to the pier ($3 pp).

Not sure about the boarding thing, I'm only a gold member. Hehehe - goldmember. Just got that. Anyway, you should be good for 11:30, but it doesn't give you much room if there is a problem.

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

"If I am a platinum member with boarding privileges, will the rest of my party (5 of us total) be allowed to join me or are the privileges only for me?"

The answer to this is yes. I have had the exact situation in the past & my entire party was allowed to get the priority checkin & boarding.

Jim

Days until our Mariner Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;6;6;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Has anyone stayed at either the Holiday Inn Express or Days Inn in Cocoa Beach? We are looking at both of them for our pre-cruise stay in July. From what I've been told the Days Inn does a have a shuttle to the port, but I am not sure about the Holiday Inn Express.

don't know about the days inn but the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS is fairly new (most expresses are) and decent andtthey do offer breakfast and I am pretty sur ethey do parking and a shuttle to port. not positive but pretty sure.

Both the Holiday Inn and Days Inn are decent MOTELS... outside doors etc.

You may want to try right up the road, the Hilton Cocoa Beach. It is a little older, but it is a hotel, with full bars, restuarants, a very nice pool and some nice ocean view rooms.

I also like to go to Grills at Port Canaveral. They have good food, an outdoor Tiki Bar and some of the best free entertainment around. (Right off their tiki patio is a public boat ramp, they advertise for you to watch the boat ramp follies!!).

We need a Holiday...

my travel pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnemaynard

We stayed at the Cocoa Beach Hilton. Not sure of the room rate since we used Hilton points. The hotel is undergoing renovations. The room was fine, but definitely needed sprucing up. There is a nice high rise Marriott Courtyard and a Doubletree on the beach in Cocoa Beach as well. They are newer and seemed nice.

Rachel T

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner 4/04

Monarch 7/02

Majesty 7/01

Regal Princess 12/95

We were on the Mariner early March. Used priceline and got Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for 35.00. Was very nice right on the beach. Had shuttle to pier but we used cab. Would use it again in a heartbeat. They have a shuttle to Bayside Market that leaves and picks up every hour I think.

joy.gif

Mafig....

Take a look at Rosejazz's review of the Mariner. She goes into detail on the Radisson and a few others had some comments as well!!!

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

Thats what I thought about the days inn a motel tyoe setting but could not rememebr the Holiday Inn EXPRESS is a HOTEL but the Holiday Inn COCOA BEACH is a MOTEL so just be careful when booking

LeeLee I stayed at the holiday inn express in February. They offer a free shuttle to the ship only if you are staying in a suite. I believe I paid 170.00 for the suite but there were 6 of us so it worked out good. The hotel if very clean and the breakfast they served was very good.

Sue

Mariner Of The Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;2;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived