Carnival Spirit-Cat 8I Balcony

Z'Loth

I'm new, and this is only my second cruise. The first one was the 1/5/03 Elation Cruise, and we had a M257 cabin.... okay, but could have been better had we not been directly over the Azipods (or whatever they call that ship's steering system).

Yesterday, I contacted the company who I booked the cruise with, and managed to get a upgrade from a 8C-class cabin to a 8I cabin on the panorama deck (Even numbered 81xx cabin). Hopefully, it'll be better, although it appears to be right under the pool. The other cabin choice, 8232, was unacceptable.

Was it worth it?

The reason why I thought that 8232 was unacceptable (in my opinion) is that it was right next door to the elevators. Mind you, the upgrade was a choice between two rooms, and I think that being near the center of the ship shoud be better.

Personal preference, really. If you enjoyed the room, that's good to hear.

Being central is a good move..but you gave up a premium cabin. One that is well sought after by the people in the know. You would not have heard that elevator at all. The balcony is huge and you would have been able to get a lounge chair on that balcony. (In the one you are in now the balconies are bigger then a regular one but if you put a lounge chair out there...nothing else will be able to fit. You would have gotten a bigger balcony for less price. In 8232 you walk out your cabin door- walk up one deck and there is the food and the pools. Depending on where the new cabin is you will have to walk to the elevator now.. (LOL) To me...it would not be worth it. But you have your reasons.

Archived