Labadee Zip Line - Is it Worth it?

RMH

My kids and I (ages 12 and 15) would like to try the zipline on Labadee, but IMO it is a bit pricey. Is this a don't-miss, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, or is it something that may not be worth $250 for us to do? I know it is a subjective question, but I am curious as to what other people who have done the zipline thought of it in terms of ''was it worth the cost?"

For my wife and I it was fun to do. We did it before they raised the price. I don't know if I would do it again because the long zipline lasts about 1 minute give or take.(They have 2 ziplines, 1 shorter for you to get the feel before you go up to the top.) I think you should do it to have the experience and the scenery is great at the top.

I want to know too......anyone else done it?????

It's our oldest daughter's 13th birthday and 1st cruise and she wants to do this but for $85 pp x3 for 2 minutes of zipping????? I am just trying to justify it I guess.

Also, do you really feel safe??? I hate the waiver thing, it scares me. Any incidents to tell of?

Thanks!

I want to know too......anyone else done it?????

It's our oldest daughter's 13th birthday and 1st cruise and she wants to do this but for $85 pp x3 for 2 minutes of zipping????? I am just trying to justify it I guess.

Also, do you really feel safe??? I hate the waiver thing, it scares me. Any incidents to tell of?

Thanks!

I felt safe when I did it. You are fitted with harness that is also attached to the trolley on the zip line itself. There are weight restrictions that may change on a day to day basis depending on the wind that day. The waiver thing is the norm nowadays with anything you do.

• 2 months later...

Back to follow-up..........

Felt totally safe, guides, facilities, etc. were top notch! I am a 35 year old Mama of 4 who is a BIG chicken and scared of heights and as soon as I got to the bottom I said "Can I do it again?" :D

The 1st training zip takes the fear of the unknown out, I was so worried about the hard landings I had seen on youtube......no worries....it was AMAZING! Soooo glad that I had the opportunity to try it, my 13 year old LOVED it, hubby had the best time too! It was one of our best memories of the cruise. And, do you have a clue how many people wanted to sign up the day of??? Or who I overheard saying "I wish I had done that".....

NO REGRETS!!! :)

Back to follow-up..........

Felt totally safe, guides, facilities, etc. were top notch! I am a 35 year old Mama of 4 who is a BIG chicken and scared of heights and as soon as I got to the bottom I said "Can I do it again?" :D

The 1st training zip takes the fear of the unknown out, I was so worried about the hard landings I had seen on youtube......no worries....it was AMAZING! Soooo glad that I had the opportunity to try it, my 13 year old LOVED it, hubby had the best time too! It was one of our best memories of the cruise. And, do you have a clue how many people wanted to sign up the day of??? Or who I overheard saying "I wish I had done that".....

NO REGRETS!!! :)

I"ll have to show your comments to my wife and daughter! My son (19) and I are signed up in December - they are hesitating. We saw it the last time we were there but were a week early before it opened to the public. (In the last week of safety and cerification trials). Decided on the spot that we would do it next trip - just have to convince my wife and 17 year old daughter. (Who by the way loves roller coasters, etc, - just not sure of dangling over the water, I guess!).

Archived