Princess "update" from TA?

NthernLgts

I recently got a "Princess update" postcard in the mail from our TA, supposedly to bring us up to speed on all things in the world of Princess. We have to RSVP to attend (it is at their offices). They swear there is no sales pitch & that it is merely a courtesy Princess update for their preferred customers. Anyone else seeing something like this from their TA? Whats it all about?

Willys..... thats what sort of has my interest piqued. This is a larger TA firm in my area, we have used them for years and have never gotten anything like this from them, nor have they pushed any kind of a sales pitch. I'm wondering if it isnt something to do with the captains circle changes that are supposedly coming.

It could be, but the changes were announced today. In fact, someone posted them here in a separate thread.

Sometimes TA's will invite you to the office for coffee and cake for a cruise night - it usually ends up being a sort of indirect sales pitch - some people might end up booking something in the office or think of them when they are ready to book.

This is traditionally the slow time of year for bookings and something like this kind of reminds people that the agency is out there and ready for business. Getting brochures in peoples hands is a good way to make people think about putting down a deposit.

It could be, but the changes were announced today. In fact, someone posted them here in a separate thread.....

I haven't been able to locate that thread. Can you kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks!

This is the thread about the Captains Circle update:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=833960

Thanks for the info!

Ohhhh, I can't wait for some of those changes, though we are hoping to be on the Crown late Nov.

Oh, well I guess I'll just have to plan another cruise for next year as well :D

I recently got a "Princess update" postcard in the mail from our TA, supposedly to bring us up to speed on all things in the world of Princess. We have to RSVP to attend (it is at their offices). They swear there is no sales pitch & that it is merely a courtesy Princess update for their preferred customers. Anyone else seeing something like this from their TA? Whats it all about?

If it is from your TA then it is a sales pitch. :rolleyes:

I've been to these before. (Sponsored by my TA at the time who was associated with a national auto club with three of the same initials for its name.) A rep from the cruise line comes in and shows a video and makes a speech. They then offer "specials" for bookings, but I didn't feel it was a pressure job at all.

Sometimes I get an email other times there is an ad in the travel section of the newspaper. Sometimes it is just one provider (cruiseline or land tours) and sometimes 5 or 6 of them like a travel show. If I have the time, I like to go because it gives me a chance to pick up travel brochures. Once they had even wine and appetizer spread!

Archived