Was this a good upgrade?

mpocd

Hi,

We had a inside cabin on the Riviera Deck, Carnival Valor (yes, as low as you can go!). Ship departs this weekend. The price dropped and we contacted Carnival. They offered us a free upgrade to a 5A cabin - Outside porthole. We would be one deck higher, but in the front instead of rear of the ship. The 5a has 220 square feet (our 4A has 185 square feet).

Instead of getting a $100 refund, we took the upgrade. Was that a good/bad decision?

Thanks!

Hi,

We had a inside cabin on the Riviera Deck, Carnival Valor (yes, as low as you can go!). Ship departs this weekend. The price dropped and we contacted Carnival. They offered us a free upgrade to a 5A cabin - Outside porthole. We would be one deck higher, but in the front instead of rear of the ship. The 5a has 220 square feet (our 4A has 185 square feet).

Instead of getting a $100 refund, we took the upgrade. Was that a good/bad decision?

Thanks!

upgrade to porthole is worth much more than $100.00. Great deal.

That was our first cabin as well - a 5A on the Fantasy. Nice cabin, but bring ear plugs - you might hear the anchor in the morning. :)

Good to know! We were also upgraded from an Inside Guarantee to a 5A on our upcoming October cruise :D No extra $

You got a great upgrade: not to mention that at least you're one deck higher. I personally dislike being on the Riviera deck, and I have stayed in a 5A on the main deck on another ship and enjoyed it (even though I almost always go for a balcony).

That was our first cabin as well - a 5A on the Fantasy. Nice cabin, but bring ear plugs - you might hear the anchor in the morning. :)

You really think ear plugs would help? When they dropped the anchor it sounded AND felt like a runaway train was going thru my bunk!:D

Dan

Thank you, everyone, for the answers.

Given Gustav and Hanna it may well be that the Valor (8/31) has an extra sea-day thrown in. If so, it will be nice to have the extra space of a 5A cabin and the portholes to look out.

C.Y.O.C. - and have fun doing it!!

Archived