For those who like to read on a cruise

Deaf Dude

Thanks for sharing your great bookmarkers! We will put them to use now & on cruise.

We are in SE AL and we don't want Gustav this way but definitely do not want him taking the path they are predicting right now with NO. Stay safe and have a great weekend in Huntsville.

Thanks for sharing your great bookmarkers! We will put them to use now & on cruise.

We are in SE AL and we don't want Gustav this way but definitely do not want him taking the path they are predicting right now with NO. Stay safe and have a great weekend in Huntsville.

I'm glad you are enjoying the bookmarks. we are getting ready to leave soon to go to huntsville. I usually wouldn't leave based on where they now say the storm is going but my GF wants to get out of town ! A short vacation will do us good anyway and tide us over until our B2B cruise on the Holiday in Nov/Dec. We will have a laptop with us so I wil be able to check in here.

Paul

Love the one with the Holiday! Going on her in about 3 weeks (or at least that's the plan.......) will print a couple out and take with me! :D If you don't mind I'll copy your post and put it on our roll call! Giving you complete and full credit of course! We're taking paperbacks as we're going B2B so will be on the ship 10 nights. Planned on leave the books for the crew library as most of them are new releases and spending their hard earned $$ on books isn't something they do a lot of. :) Safe travels to you and yours and Thank You for realizing getting out of the area for a few days may just be a good thing to do. One less person from these boards to be wondering about and if they are OK! ;)

Thanks so much for the bookmarks. I printed all of them and made some for my sister. They are great. Our prayers will be with you. We leave two weeks from today for Texas and the Ecstasy, hopefully.

I sent the link for the bookmarks to my son and he is printing them on cardstock and laminating them for me. I am leaving (hopefully) in l3 days to get on the Carnival Glory. My sister and daughter and going also and I am surprising them with a couple each. We all bring books to read while cruising.

I work in Huntsville, AL. It is a very nice place to visit and you will love the Space and Rocket Center. They have also built a new place called the Davidson Center right next to it.

Hope you have a fun and safe vacation.

Pat

Love the one with the Holiday! Going on her in about 3 weeks (or at least that's the plan.......) will print a couple out and take with me! :D If you don't mind I'll copy your post and put it on our roll call! Giving you complete and full credit of course! We're taking paperbacks as we're going B2B so will be on the ship 10 nights. Planned on leave the books for the crew library as most of them are new releases and spending their hard earned $$ on books isn't something they do a lot of. :) Safe travels to you and yours and Thank You for realizing getting out of the area for a few days may just be a good thing to do. One less person from these boards to be wondering about and if they are OK! ;)

We are doing the 4 day and 5 day back to back on the Holiday for Thanksgiving. I don't mind at all who you share the bookmarks with. I made them for everyone here. Hope you have a great cruise and the torms are over by then.

Paul

Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Huntsville (actually Madison, AL) just fine. We found A nice place to stay. 2 days ago the hotel was empty and now its sold out! Glad i grabbed it in time. others are having to go alot further than we did.

Paul

Here is another.

Download link - http://www.4shared.com/file/61002450/e1951454/BookmarkCCL3.html

Lo-Resoultion Sample

BookmarkCCL3.jpg

Paul - this is great! And totally appropriate for me personally as the Holiday is what turned me into a cruise-a-holic! My DH had to convince me to go on that one for our honeymoon and I think he regrets it now as I'm totally addicted. :D I'm a huge reader onboard - tend to finish anywhere from 3-5 books in a week (depending on how many sea days we have!)

Keep up the great work and glad to hear you're safely in AL.

Tracey

Wow, that's another great idea. In another thread on another board, someone mentioned http://bookcrossing.com/ Have you heard of that? It's a community for sharing books. the way it works is you read your book, put a note in it telling the person to enjoy it and you leave it somewhere. the note tells them to go to http://bookcrossing.com/ and they can post where they found it and where they left it. after reading, they leave it somewhere also and the book travels all over the country and maybe he world. you can log on and find out where your book is. sounds cool.

Paul

PAUL, Thank you for the bookmark! LOVE IT. I will be the envy of all the bibliophiles on my trip :D

I also love this idea above. There is one, I know, that you can do dollar bills, too (www.wheresgeorge.com I believe) but how fun to do a book one!

Heads up before you download from the link. My virus protection detected a "trojan horse" virus and blocked it.

It sounds like your virus program is giving you a false positive. The file has been checked with a virus checker, and is virus free. some virus checkers are overly sensitive and report Trojan viruses when some programs do anything that is remote "virus like." Most likely something in 4shared's download routine is causing the false positive and not the actual image file i made. some virus checkers even prevented some people from installing windows service pack 3. you can read about that here.

xp3 triggers false positive

paul

We will be on our way home tomorrow. We survived the hurricane OK, but our house and cars didn't. The 40 foot tall oak tree in front of our house split in half and damaged our house, our neighbors on both sides, and 2 of our vehicles. Family members who stayed for the storm sent us some pics. It's not really as bad as it looks.

Here are some pics

This is my OLD van. I recently bought a new one and that s what we evacuated in. My GF's SUV is in front of the old vant. both are totaled. our house is behind the tree. neighbor's house is at right and has slight damage to the left corner of the roof

100_0807.jpg

Here is the tree where it split. our house is behind it. limbs that fell to the left hit the other neighbor's house!!

100_0809.jpg

This is the actual damage to the house. the tree just swiped the end of it before landing on our vehicles. the house doesn't look damaged that much.

100_9854.jpg

Paul

Archived