Iron - Can you take onboard?

Hi Guys,

My brother n law is going on the PD tomorrow and he asked me to throw the question on here..... Can he take an iron on board?

We understand that there is a laundry on board but he thought by taken his own will be much easier for him and the group he'll be traveling with.

Can anyone that has previously taken an iron on board let me know if they had any kids of trouble with it?

Or if anyone knows any info if this is allowed, please let me know?

Cheers-

Aussiescouser (the wife):p :p :p

Your brother should not take an iron. In the brochure it clearly states

"For safety reasons we ask passengers not to use their own electrical appliances (except electric shavers) on board. A hairdryer is available in your cabin or by request from your cabin steward."

There are irons available free of charge in the laundry.:):)

Irons are a big NO NO NO!!!

1. They are a fire danger.

2. The ship generates its own power and the system is not designed to cope with the big drain an iron(s) would place upon it.

There are free irons and ironing boards in the laundry.

Thanks Ela & Kiwi,

Just got off the phone to him and confirmed what i originally told him.

Irons are a NO NO NO!

Thanks for the detailed explanations and quotes guys, and thanks for your quick replies.

Cheers-

Aussiescouser (the wife):p :p :p

I agree with that, the laundry is a good place to hang out. :o

I still reckon they should have a bar right next door:p .

Because we thought the laundry was so good on PD, we have booked a cabin on our next cruise right across from it so I can pack lighter and washing will be no hassle. I'm gonna make sure I have a bottle of wine in my cabin at all times so I don't have far to go to fill up my glass;)

i remember sitting in the drill on the first day of our august cruise and they mentioned the no iron thing. I turned and looked at matt and thought our hair straighteners are a type of iron.

..and we had a power board. thought we'd blow the thing up. :eek:

But it was okay lol

I'm quite close tot he laundry on PD so I think I'll try do a heap of washing and drying of an evening when the kids need to get to bed early

Which cabin are you in? We are also close to the laundry on deck 5

The laundry is also a great place to play spectator at some ding dong brawls. Usually because someone has removed the washed/dried clothes from the machines when the owners are absent. (Which I would have thought was fair enough?) Tempers get quite heated sometimes in the laundry. But it is quite funny sometimes.

I remember being there early one morning when a still tipsy lass was loudly complaining to the 4 or 5 women present about the lack of single males on board. That she hadn't been able to find anyone to umm, share a bunk with, the previous night. The general consensus after she left was that the males had been lucky and clever enough to run the other way......:D

I really must spend more time in the laundry next time:p ;) . Didn't use it at all on our first (Sun) cruise. Did on the Dawn but it was usually DH doing the washing (and who am I to argue about that:) ).

The best laundry story I have heard was when a lady returned to get her washing,found it had been taken out , put in a basket, and a dress was missing.

Next day she saw someone wearing it around the ship.:eek: :eek:

hahaha thats hilarious.

yeah i found the laundry was good fun last time, you met people and its quite entertaining what goes on with peoples washing.

The best laundry story I have heard was when a lady returned to get her washing,found it had been taken out , put in a basket, and a dress was missing.

Next day she saw someone wearing it around the ship.:eek: :eek:

Was it a male or female wearing the dress.:eek::D

Hiow funny I wonder if they spoke to them about it!!

My goodness, how could they think they could get away with wearing it?

I give people about 10/15 minutes for them to collect their washing if it is busy, then I will take it out. If their dryer finishes I will often take it out and fold it. Nothing better to do when sitting in the laundry.

Was it a male or female wearing the dress.:eek::D

Hiow funny I wonder if they spoke to them about it!!

The story was posted on CC a few years ago.It was another lady wearing it and the owner challenged her.From memory they had to call security,but most people were talking about the cheek of someone wearing it and thinking they could get away with it.

You sure see "life" on a cruise ship.

Makes cruising down here look tame:D :D

lol thats hilarious!!!

So do the wash cycles have timers? I was hoping to just throw it all in and wander down the hall 40 or 50 mins later when I'd guess the cycle would finish

Whats the cost of a load?

lol thats hilarious!!!

So do the wash cycles have timers? I was hoping to just throw it all in and wander down the hall 40 or 50 mins later when I'd guess the cycle would finish

Whats the cost of a load?

That's what we did. Put some in then DH went back about 40 mins later to check on it. It's $1.00 per load for washing, $1.00 for drying & $1.00 for the powder although I took my own (only because I have some sachets that are just right for going away).

oh wow thats really well priced then, I thought it wouldcost more.

I will probably take my own sachets too......we all have sensitive skin and since I've been using radiant laundry stuff my daughters skin is better

Archived