Sos

Creed05

We are leaving out of Orlando September 8th on the Sovereign of the Seas. I have read some really terrible reviews about how bad it smells and worn out it is. Does anyone have anything 'nice' to say about the ship that can ease my mind? :o

We were on her in a Superior Ocean View a few months ago and had a good time. I did not smell anything that was bothersom and the crew and folks were good. You have to remember this is not a 5* cruise it is a cruise for folks that want to get away for the weekend and not spend a lot of money. Would we sail her again, sure for a weekend.

There are many positive reviews.....2 were written in the last week alone....search. I was on her last July and had a great time....yes she isn't the newest and best but a great 3 niter with plenty to do. As you can see I was happy enough book on her again....now I got to go pack.

We just came back at the end of July from a 3 day and we had a great time!! Being on a smaller ship is so refreshing. you can go everywhere in a short time and its easier to keep up with your friends and family. I am so sad that I won't be able to do just one more trip on SOTS. and I never noticed it smelling any different than any other ship - good or bad. the food was the same as the other ships, maybe just see for your self, you'll have a great time! you may want to bring extra sea sickness meds if Hanah comes:(

Thanks! I think people either love that ship or hate it! This is just a short cruise for us. We are going to stay a few days in Orlando. My BIL and SIL are going with us and will be their first cruise. Hopefully no bad weather!!! :D

Be careful on your holiday weekend cruise! And have a great time! Thanks for the good info! I have never cruised during hurricane season...I'm kinda nervous!!!

When you live in Fl, dodging storms becomes like second nature. We are actually lucky....the Bahamas is in the clear right between 2 tracks of storms, Hanna is days away...no where near the Bahamas by Sun....we will be clearly back in port before she is anywhere near.

Thanks! I think people either love that ship or hate it! This is just a short cruise for us. We are going to stay a few days in Orlando. My BIL and SIL are going with us and will be their first cruise. Hopefully no bad weather!!! :D

There are some who love her, there are some who hate her... if you browse through the reviews on all the ships, you'll see much of the same.

You're really going to enjoy yourself on the Sov of the Seas. Get to the port early, you can get on as early as 11:30 and take advantage of everything she has to offer!

Have fun!

-jtslater

You can see from my sig how many times I've been on her, both pre and post refurb. Granted its been over a year since the last time, but the ship was in great condition and the crew wonderful, booked on her again for the last time in October:D

I just got off her on Sunday, and curiously, the only time I noticed anything amiss regarding smells was while we were being led down the 10th deck (suites) to the bridge!

You'll have a wonderful time. We had an absolute blast on this ship. Our waiter, Oliver, was outstanding, our head waiter was always visible and helpful. Captain Rune has quite the personality! Was it a perfect cruise? Nope--None of them ever will be. The few problems we did have were quickly and competently addressed.

Hi I just got off Sovereign last Friday and would have to agree. The only time I noticed an odor was on the 10th floor. Our JS was cabin 1076 and 1078 and the smell was constant-but up around like 1060. There was one cabin that had maintenance every single day- and I mean like 2-3 men-with ladders,etc. No clue what the problem was but thankfully the smell was just around the hall in that area and I never smelled anything in my room. It just was like a slight cesspool smell. that is the only spot all that week I smelled anything weird so enjoy your cruise. She may be an older ship but she's still got it!

Hey I'm on w/PH8 in two weeks....14 days!!! Anywho, wanted to know if they do a repeaters party on a three nighter???

Thanks for the review and your response to my question!

No, they only do parties for platinum/diamond members(Sunday around 5).........no repeater parties(for all C and A) like on the longer cruises....

You just have to keep in mind that she's the "discount" boat. We have lots of fond memories of her and we're getting ready to go on her on the 12th as our "Fairwell to SoS" cruise! We're sad to see her go, but we understand.

Have a GREAT time and don't sweat the small stuff! :D

Lady_G

Archived