Free bag in cabin?

cruzisme

The cloth bag is in all rooms when you embark. It is just the right size for carrying a couple beach towels and some sundries to the beach.

The CC bag is heavier duty vinyl or canvas. A bit larger, comes folded, and has a zipper and nice carry handles. Good for taking a bunch of souvenirs home or for packing your last night PJ's and sundries for carrying off the ship. It is delivered the last night as a going home gift.

The cloth bag is in all rooms when you embark. It is just the right size for carrying a couple beach towels and some sundries to the beach.

The CC bag is heavier duty vinyl or canvas. A bit larger, comes folded, and has a zipper and nice carry handles. Good for taking a bunch of souvenirs home or for packing your last night PJ's and sundries for carrying off the ship. It is delivered the last night as a going home gift.

We were CC last year on Galaxy and didn't get one of those! :(

Is the bag white or beige colored? I was looking around in my "cruise closet" and came across a very nice beige colored X bag. I have so much stuff with X logo, and thought I may have won it in a trivia contest or gulf putting etc.

Question: what comes with the suites....binoculars, umbrella, etc?

We were CC last year on Galaxy and didn't get one of those! :(

The navy blue "cloth" bag that is in the cabins is not really cloth - it is that paper fabric that handi-wipes or disposable garments are made of (think doctor's office or hospital).

thats what we got in our CC :confused:

The navy blue "cloth" bag that is in the cabins is not really cloth - it is that paper fabric that handi-wipes or disposable garments are made of (think doctor's office or hospital).

thats what we got in our CC :confused:

I hope that's not a new cost-cutting measure.

We have always received one of the large, heavy canvas bags with the faux leather corners and handles. Those are great bags, and hold a lot of "stuff".

We fly to the cruise ship with one checked suitcase each and I have a roll-aboard carry-on. DH uses the celebrity back as a carry-on for the trip home, filled with souvenirs, breakables, etc. We really count on that bag!

hmm, a cloth bag that is not really cloth and maybe bleeds onto things.

does this sound like a bag to represent Celebrity?

the HAL ones are actual cloth and quite nice until you wash them (mine shrank) 100% cotton

on RCI we got a wonderful cloth bag, huge, zipper, nice handles etc. Now this was on the Navigator that experienced stabilizer problems, lost 2 of our ports etc. So would this be the usual bag or one that passengers normally would buy, I do not know. It was meant as a 'thank you for cruising with us on this 'interesting' cruise".

so, to sum up, I guess I bring a tote bag for my shopping.:p

I hope that's not a new cost-cutting measure.

We have always received one of the large, heavy canvas bags with the faux leather corners and handles. Those are great bags, and hold a lot of "stuff".

We fly to the cruise ship with one checked suitcase each and I have a roll-aboard carry-on. DH uses the celebrity back as a carry-on for the trip home, filled with souvenirs, breakables, etc. We really count on that bag!

Those blue bags are given to regular cabins. They are not new. I believe that they have been given out since Royal Caribbean took over Celebrity. I have about 10 of them. Under Chandris, they used to give out small canvas bags in regular cabins.

The havy canvas bags were given to suites and I believe conceirege class.

Those blue bags are given to regular cabins. They are not new. I believe that they have been given out since Royal Caribbean took over Celebrity. I have about 10 of them. Under Chandris, they used to give out small canvas bags in regular cabins.

The havy canvas bags were given to suites and I believe conceirege class.

Any idea if these will be in the AQ class on Solstice?

Carole

I got one on my recent cruise at the beginning of June. I believe it was left on the bed when I arrived in the room.

I don't remember getting one on my first cruise, though, in June 2007. I noticed someone mentioned in the closet. Maybe there was one in the closet, but we didn't realize it was one we could take? I'm sure there wasn't one left on the bed.

hmm, a cloth bag that is not really cloth and maybe bleeds onto things.

does this sound like a bag to represent Celebrity?

I feel compelled to speak up in support of the blue cloth (or not cloth) bags! I still have mine from my Alaska 2006 cruise and added a new one on my recent Summit Med cruise. I actually use them quite frequently, especially to hold towels and sunblock when the kids go to a friends house to swim. Whatever they're made of, they're extremely lightweight. They appear flimsy at first glance, but I've found them to be surprisingly sturdy. They fold up very compactly and are easy to toss in a suitcase for a handy extra tote.:) Go blue bags!

--Junglejane

I got one on my recent cruise at the beginning of June. I believe it was left on the bed when I arrived in the room.

I don't remember getting one on my first cruise, though, in June 2007. I noticed someone mentioned in the closet. Maybe there was one in the closet, but we didn't realize it was one we could take? I'm sure there wasn't one left on the bed.

We found ours in one of the closets - sometimes around the safe area.

We found ours in one of the closets - sometimes around the safe area.

I'm assuming you are referring to the canvas/leatherette bag...and that you were in asuite, right?

So does anyone know if the cc cabins get these? I get the idea I'd best not count on it!

Maybe that can be my excuse for purchasing a nice leather one in Turkey or Italy!;)

On our last cruise we had a concierge cabin and had one of the blue bags in the closet. I inquired about another bag, because I needed an extra and was given the nice bag that folds up small with the leather handles. I was very pleased to have it but I was under the assumption we only received it because I asked for another bag not because I was in the cc. I'm glad to know it's complimentary for the cc rooms and hope to get another one on my next trip. They are really nice and come in handy for lots of great things, especially disembarkation!

I don't doubt that the other poster had problems with the color bleeding on their blue bag. But we've never had such a problem and regularly used these for carrying wet t-shirts and towels back from the beach. The towels we might not have noticed as we just give those to the steward to replace with fresh ones, but the T-shirts we would have noticed if there was bleed from the bags.

Again -I think we've always gotten both the blue bag, in room on arrival, and the nicer vinyl or canvas bag the last night of the cruise in CC rooms. However - on our last cruise (first in a Sky Suite) I think we got a bag identical to the nicer CC bag on arrival - but it was blue rather than tan.

Here is a picture of the bags - there are two of the nicer tan bags - one open and one folded in the case:

361495147_zeRSY-S.jpg

I feel compelled to speak up in support of the blue cloth (or not cloth) bags! I still have mine from my Alaska 2006 cruise and added a new one on my recent Summit Med cruise. I actually use them quite frequently, especially to hold towels and sunblock when the kids go to a friends house to swim. Whatever they're made of, they're extremely lightweight. They appear flimsy at first glance, but I've found them to be surprisingly sturdy. They fold up very compactly and are easy to toss in a suitcase for a handy extra tote.:) Go blue bags!

--Junglejane

The navy bags work GREAT for bringing your booze bought on board home. The box that holds 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly) bottles fits in it like the bag was made for it.

Archived