FLL--- need cheap flight

SayingIDo

If that is the boat show week prices won't get any better. It is MLK weekend too. Don't count on a decrease. If you can fly into an alternate airport you may see some lower fares.

I am sure that one of the able posters will have all of the information for you soon.

This is also a particularly bad weekend to find a decent price for a hotel but it is also one of those weekends that you definitely want to be in south Florida at least a night before you sail.

Good luck

So we are flying into FLL from BNA on 1/16 for our cruise. All the fares I have seen are outrageous. Any suggestions from experienced cruisers???

A quick search on kayak.com shows flights from BNA to West Palm Beach on Jan 16 for just $84 plus taxes, which is very reasonable. PBI is not that far from FLL and you would probably need to hire a car to get to Fort Lauderdale.

So we are flying into FLL from BNA on 1/16 for our cruise. All the fares I have seen are outrageous. Any suggestions from experienced cruisers???

Question of clarification....how do you define "outrageous"? One man's "outrageous" is another man's "reasonable".

Question of clarification....how do you define "outrageous"? One man's "outrageous" is another man's "reasonable".

I found one yesterday for 265.00 and that isn't outrageous, just expensive:) I am hoping for less than that. Id like it below 250 for round trip. Most of the ones I have seen are well over 300 and I refuse to do that. I don't want lengthy layovers but it appears that might be the only option.

Has anyone ever flown into W Palm Beach and driven to Ft Lauderdale? There flights are substantially cheaper.

I found one yesterday for 265.00 and that isn't outrageous, just expensive:) I am hoping for less than that. Id like it below 250 for round trip. Most of the ones I have seen are well over 300 and I refuse to do that. I don't want lengthy layovers but it appears that might be the only option.

Has anyone ever flown into W Palm Beach and driven to Ft Lauderdale? There flights are substantially cheaper.

I've flown into W Palm Beach and driven to Miami!!! It's a no brainer. Sub-compact car for one day rental was 36.42 including tax.

The drive is easy too....mostly on the Interstate. It's less than 80 miles.......

The only big issue is that there are 8 of us going on the cruise and at least 2 that are flying in for the wedding only. A sub compact is not an option obviously. I think I will end up on Southwest paying way too much money for convience. Crap

The only big issue is that there are 8 of us going on the cruise and at least 2 that are flying in for the wedding only. A sub compact is not an option obviously. I think I will end up on Southwest paying way too much money for convience. Crap

So hire a Limo. A $200 [limo] + 8*$84 [cheap air to PBI] is still way cheaper than 8*$260/ea into FLL

:o

I'm sure you have seen that 1/16 SWA BNA/FLL is $119 non -stop.:eek:

I found a Delta round trip for 196.50 with a layover in Atlanta. I will look at the one you mentioned as well though because of Delta's retarded 50.00 charge for the 2nd bag. Thanks and keep on letting me know.

Archived