Sensation M261, M256, M265

SUNNY D

My friend and I are booking our cruise today and these are the cabins we are looking at. There are no midship cabins available and we have never sailed in the aft so we are a little hesitant. These are aft oceanview cabins NOT aft balcony cabins. Is there anything bad or good about the cabins we are looking at? One better than the other? How is the noise, it looks like they may be over top of the engines?? Any advice would be great. Thanks alot!

My friend and I are booking our cruise today and these are the cabins we are looking at. There are no midship cabins available and we have never sailed in the aft so we are a little hesitant. These are aft oceanview cabins NOT aft balcony cabins. Is there anything bad or good about the cabins we are looking at? One better than the other? How is the noise, it looks like they may be over top of the engines?? Any advice would be great. Thanks alot!

you might experience a lot of shuddering/vibrations. But this happens when entering or exiting the ports. Sailing the end of sept you might hit rough waters from a storm or hurricane so the vibrations might last longer.

We stayed in M247.

Are you only finding availabilty online or did an agent say that was all that was left

We went with M256. As for the cabin availability, I looked online and spoke to the agent. For the deck and price we wanted, there weren't alot to choose from. There were a few others I didn't mention but they were only forward 4 or 5 cabins fm the 3 i asked about, so still in the back and all of them had bunks that folded down which we didn't need. If we can't be midship, we would rather be in the back than the front. We always cruise during hurricane season and we live in Florida so we already know what the possibilities of weather and seas are. We'll hope for the best. Thanks for your reply :)

We have mostly cruised during the last week in August/First week in Sept because of the price. Awesome and affordable for me. (this year we are going to Aruba instead)

you are better off taking one on the aft when all you have left to chose from is a forward or an aft.

(as for the pull down bunks--if you are only two in the cabin you wouldnt even be seeing the bunks- they are brought down at nnight when there are 4 in a room.. so for you they wouldnt even be let down at all.

We have mostly cruised during the last week in August/First week in Sept because of the price. Awesome and affordable for me.

I agree serene. This is the number one reason we cruise during this time also. You can't beat the rates. Our other cruises have been in October. This time, we will be going the last week in September for my birthday :)

Archived