Help re Eczema

Hi everyone, I'm sure someone will have a solution to my problem. I've just been diagnosed with Eczema and have been told by my doctor that I need to have a bath every day with a special emollient. I'm sure there must be some of you with the same problem. We're booked in a D1 category stateroom on the Independence of the Seas and it doesn't have a bath tub in it. How do other cope with the same problem? I've looked into upgrading but the price is just out of our range. Thanks for any help! :)

With any luck your Eczema will be under control by the time of your cruise. However, if the product is like Alpha Keri oil (which I use) - rub a little into your skin at the end of your shower (a few drops is all that it takes), then pat yourself dry. I always take my own products (soap, shampoo, facial, makeup, etc) when I travel. I never use anything provided by hotel, ship, no samples, etc. I find that I have very limited outbreaks when we cruise - it is actually better.

I have had it for YEARS! And it only comes out when i am in warm weather. I have a wonderful steroid cream that my doc gave me. I just put it on morning and night and no problems. Of course - I only get it on my hands and feel - it is it an all over breakout than the cream can be a pain.

GL

Kathy

Your doctor is the one who is most familiar with your situation. He/she has selected a course of treatment most suited for you. This is not to say the other posters are wrong. There are many different types of eczema. Their doctors has recommended what they thought would be best for them. Just as you should not change medication for high blood pressure because someone else is taking something that might be more convenient for you, you should not switch the treatment for your eczema. I realize that this puts you between a rock and a hard place. If you have insurance would it be possible to reschedule your cruise?

Hi, my daughter has had it since she was a year old. Her doctor had her using cortisone for every bath. She is now 24 years old and is still at it. She just puts the cream on a facecloth when she is in the shower and it seems to work well. The warm weather does aggravate it and she has to put the cream on a few bad spots.

Just follow your doctors advice as he knows your case as they are all different.

Thank you all for your help on this. Unfortunately I have to have a bath because of where the eczema is, but I will speak to my doctor to see if any creams would work. Here's hoping!!! :)

Your doctor should be able to recommend a temporary shower solution.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

Your doctor is the one who is most familiar with your situation. He/she has selected a course of treatment most suited for you. This is not to say the other posters are wrong. There are many different types of eczema. Their doctors has recommended what they thought would be best for them. Just as you should not change medication for high blood pressure because someone else is taking something that might be more convenient for you, you should not switch the treatment for your eczema. I realize that this puts you between a rock and a hard place. If you have insurance would it be possible to reschedule your cruise?

I agree. OP's physician would be the best one to consult with.

And stay out of the hot tubs - they are the worst for eczema.

Good advice. I was told that stress can exacerbate a breakout so, relax! lol And hopefully, you'll notice an easing of your symptoms after you're on ship and de-stressed. Watch the sun, it is not excema's friend. Have fun.

Lori in VA

Is there any way you can pack some sort of Rubbermaid type tub in your luggage (like a dishpan) small enough to put in your luggage which you can fill with clothes and then soak the area in? I had an "issue" once where I had to pack something like that......might work for you

Archived