Vancouver Help

cruzin princess

Hi:

Will be staying at the Hyatt pre cruise next month. We are looking for a good seafood or steakhouse to eat at during our stay.

Also, a store close by to purchase tonic water and regular water.

Thanks for your help!!

There is a steak, chop and seafood house called Joe Fortes on Thurlow just south of Georgia St. about 2 blocks from your hotel. There is a seafood house just east of Canada Place called AquaRiva which has great views and a venerable old steak house called Hy's in the 600 block Hornby St. about 2 blocks east of the Hyatt. Under the Hyatt there is a bit of a mall called Royal Centre which has a drug store that sells tonic water and bottled water. If you are buying any quantity of tonic or water then I would probably walk over to London Drugs at Georgia and Granville (3 1/2 blocks to the east) as they will have much better prices.

www.joefortes.ca/

www.aquariva.com/

http://www.hyssteakhouse.com/hys-vancouver.html

PD pretty well answered you question but one thing to remember is that the Drug Store in the Mall beneath the Hyatt is not opened on Sunday and there is another London drugs on Robson Street which might be a bit closer but is in the heart of the Robson Street shopping district.

There is also a Keg Restaurant across the street from Joe Fortes and a Brazilian Steakhouse:

http://www.thaihouse.com/samba/

below the McDonalds which is next to Joe Fortes - haven't eaten there but it seems to be busy.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I ate at Joe Forte's 3 years ago and was happy. I also ate at The Keg in Calgary and was pleasantly surprised.

One thing to think about - if you need the baked potato with your steak, I didn't see one on the menu at Forte's. The menus show with different kinds of mashed potatoes.

I can't comment on the steaks at either because I don't eat red meat. I had salmon at both.

Hi:

Will be staying at the Hyatt pre cruise next month. We are looking for a good seafood or steakhouse to eat at during our stay.

Also, a store close by to purchase tonic water and regular water.

Thanks for your help!!

PutterDude's comments about Joe Fortes is right on the mark - excellent seafood! For steak I would also recommend Gotham Steakhouse on Seymour Street, which is about 6 blocks away from the Hyatt. It's very high-end (read expensive) but an excellent place to dine. And celebrities dine there when they're in town - who knows who you might see??? We also have a Morton's Steakhouse (originally from Chicago, I believe???) that is quite close to the Canada Place Cruise Ship Pier on West Cordova St. Another ngood choice for a memorable meal.

PutterDude's comments about Joe Fortes is right on the mark - excellent seafood! For steak I would also recommend Gotham Steakhouse on Seymour Street, which is about 6 blocks away from the Hyatt. It's very high-end (read expensive) but an excellent place to dine. And celebrities dine there when they're in town - who knows who you might see??? We also have a Morton's Steakhouse (originally from Chicago, I believe???) that is quite close to the Canada Place Cruise Ship Pier on West Cordova St. Another ngood choice for a memorable meal.

Gothams is owned by the Aisenstat family, David the son of Hy, to try to ward the competion of Morton's. However Morton's did arrive on the scene and candidly I don't know who is winning the battle for the high end steak dollar, if in fact there is a winner, they both seem to be prospering.

Archived