Taxi from ship to Boston airport

puli

Leaving a HAL cruise on a Saturday in July would it be possible to make an 11:30 AM flight out of Boston, especially if you have only carry-on luggage and have "priority disembarcation"? ( the next available flight is in late afternoon and gets us home to the West Coast after midnight with 3 changes!)

Thanks, Redsoxfan11. A taxi will be fine.and is a must since the ship's transportation to the airport does not begin early enough to make an 11:30 departure flight.

My main worry is the time factor since most ship lines say "do not book a flight untill after 12 noon". The preferred 11:30 AM flight is the best one for us but I wondered if it gives us enough time to check in ( we will have already gotten our boarding passes while on board the ship and will not be checking any luggage).

I am not too familiar with Logan Airport but do remember the last time we did this Canada/New England cruise and booked the late afternoon flight , we spent over 5 hours ihn the airport waiting.

You should have no trouble making an 11:30 flight assuming your ship docks before 9:30. You can see the airport from the cruise ship - in fact planes could be coming in to land right over the ship depending on what runway is being using. Taxiwiz gave me a fare of $19.00.

If you end up with plenty of time, you might want to consider the Silver Line, which would be $2 pp.

When I worked nearby at the World Trade Center, folks traveling out of Logan would routinely leave an hour if they had boarding passes, so it is possible to push your window even more.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off a cruise in Boston yesterday. They called our number to leave the ship around 8:15 am. We went down and quickly claimed our luggage. We were 3rd in line for taxis. Took the taxi straight to the airport which was not busy yet as we were some of the first off the ship. Our flight was for 2:00 but we were able to go standby on a flight for 10:15 with plenty of time to spare (we checked our luggage at 8:45). So I would say if everything works perfectly, yes you should have no problems with a flight for 11:30.

Archived