Jet Blue Flight

trinka8

Which airport will you be flying from? As long as you're not flying from JFK I think that the airport staff would try to assist you as much as they can. I've flown them from several airports and their staff was friendly and helpful at all except JFK (they were downright rude).

Remember that your dress will count as your carryon so you will only be allowed a purse or computer bag, etc. with it (of course your fiance can take his allowance too). Make sure to have several plans for the dress---Jet Blue does not have closets on their planes so putting it on top of the luggage in the overhead bin would probably be best (no matter where you put it in the overhead, make sure to look and feel the bin first--even get up on the seat to look in if you have to--make sure there is nothing spilled, etc. in there). Also, especially if you are travelling at a busy time, have a back-up plan for the dress (small suitcase/something sturdy to put the dress in if you would have to check it).

As was said above, Jet Blue does not have closets, but I've flown with them many times and the flight attendants are usually really helpful and friendly so just be nice and I'm sure they will help you out as much as possible! Just be prepared to put the dress in an overhead bin.

Yes that is what I read about Jet blue that they do not have closets but I was hoping that they would be nice and I have no problem having me put it in the overhead. I have a very nice garmet bag that we bought for the dress so...I am crossing my fingers.

thank you for the responses

My kids fly Jet Blue but I never have, so I have no experience with this, but why would they let you preboard if you have a wedding dress? I would think the other passengers would probably be more helpful then the GA.

Here's what JetBlue's webpage says about this:

Wedding Dresses, Bride's Maid Dresses, Suits and Tuxedos

Though we wish the bride and groom the best, JetBlue does not make special allowances for the transport of wedding attire. Whether it is packed in check-in baggage or a carryon, wedding or bride's maid dresses, suits or tuxedos, would still have to meet the baggage requirements to/from specific destinations. There are no closets for hanging clothing items or garment bags on the aircraft.Customers may wish to have wedding attire shipped separately. Information on specific shipping companies is available in the yellow pages or Internet.

Archived