Children On Baltic Cruises

Jimmys Chippy

I'm looking into booking a Baltic cruise for my family next Summer on the Carnival Liberty out of Dover. We'll be travelling in August when the school holidays are taking place and are wondering on past experiences how many children will be on the ship. We know this cruise won't have the family pulling power of a trip around the Meditterreanean but we don't want our kids to be the only ones on board. My kids will be 10 & 11 at the time.

Thanking you.

I can't answer your question but we just booked this cruise (Aug 1 sailing). We will have our son with us. He'll be 8 when we cruise. We've sailed the Liberty before and loved it. I traveled that part of the world as a child and loved it. Of course, I've never been to St. Petersburg and have no idea how my son will enjoy that particular city but overall, he is very much looking forward to the trip. He's only upset that he has to wait a full year!

I can't answer your question but we just booked this cruise (Aug 1 sailing). We will have our son with us. He'll be 8 when we cruise. We've sailed the Liberty before and loved it. I traveled that part of the world as a child and loved it. Of course, I've never been to St. Petersburg and have no idea how my son will enjoy that particular city but overall, he is very much looking forward to the trip. He's only upset that he has to wait a full year!

That's the date we're looking at. That's one other child, let's just hope they get on.:)

How did you find the children's facilties on the Liberty?

That's the date we're looking at. That's one other child, let's just hope they get on.:)

How did you find the children's facilties on the Liberty?

The children's facilities were clean and well run. We were on a summer cruise in the Caribbean where there were hundreds of kids. They divided the kids by age and my son fell into a younger group. He would have preferred to be with the older kids. This made him quite unhappy. Nevertheless, they did have a number of activities he enjoyed and I was always comfortable that he was safe. We never left him there in the evenings as he much preferred going to the arcade or hanging out at the martini bar with us!

hanging out at the martini bar with us!

Well, I guess he wanted to be sure that you were behaving responsibly! I see you've added your name to the Roll Call, all being well I'm hoping to be adding our name to the list before too long. If there are no more kids added to the Roll Call at least they should have no problems with queuing for the water slide and should have the pool pretty much to themselves!*

*(weather permitting of course:rolleyes: )

We've been to the Baltic twice on two other cruise lines. It was a wonderful experience both times and I am sure your kids will have an opportunity to see things that most other children haven't. I must say, though, that there were very few children on the ship both times. Traveling to other countries is the best learning experience and don't let the lack of other children dissuade you.

We sailed the Baltic a few years ago and there were quite a few children and this was HAL .. but for the most part it seemed to be the Europeans that brought the whole family along. Great trip and I would think that some of those ports would be fabulous through the eyes of a child.. particularly Oslo which seems to revere children with statues everywhere of them and lots of fun things for children.

I see you've added your name to the Roll Call, all being well I'm hoping to be adding our name to the list before too long.

I hope you do! I look forward to chatting with you there over the next year.

To all those who have reassured us that our kids will love the Baltic, thanks!

Archived