waiting for Crown cabin, 34 days to go

cescape

I can now relate to the antsie feeling people get without a stateroom assignment! 6 moonths ago I booked a balcony on the Riviera deck and requested wait list for mini as none were available, that far out? Anyway, got E-mail and paid extra for cat. A/D mini. Normally I would be concerned as to the location ( all the way aft,) only 12 cabins are shown in that cat. but read all the rave reviews from all you good folks about those cabins. Not looking down on another balcony, close to the water so we can hear it at night etc. Now we are within 34 days and I still have no assignment. I understand I may not get it untill we board. Any sugestions? I told them no upgrade unless to a full suite! Wouldn't that be nice, never had one. Should I call and make a pain of myself or just keep my fingers crossed? As we are taking the bus to the pier and luggage gets dumped for the guys to haul, how would I mark luggage tags? I keep checking for any available cabins but they show ALL waitlisted.Thanks for any sugestions.

There is not a bad cabin in the category, so I wouldn't worry. Princess will probably have to upgrade someone else who didn't mark their reservation "No Upgrade," but I'm sure it will work out. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise!

I told them no upgrade unless to a full suite! Wouldn't that be nice, never had one. Should I call and make a pain of myself or just keep my fingers crossed? As we are taking the bus to the pier and luggage gets dumped for the guys to haul, how would I mark luggage tags? I keep checking for any available cabins but they show ALL waitlisted.Thanks for any sugestions.

First of all, if you didn't get a cabin assignment and you booked a guarantee, how in the world did you mark your booking no upgrade? I honestly don't think that is possible when booking a guarantee AD mini suite. Which will mean you could be in an AA AB AC or the actual AD you booked the guarantee in. When booking a guarantee you are guaranteed to be assigned a stateroom in the category you booked the guarantee in, OR ABOVE, not below. So, this would mean that if you receive anything except an AD, you will not have the covered balcony you are so looking forward to.

As for the above highlighted area, not sure who you booked with but you can't stipulate that you will only accept an upgrade to a full suite, it just can't happen and not sure who told you you could, but they are incorrect here. When booking an actual stateroom, you can have it checked you will or will not accept an upgrade. But with a guarantee, that is something I have never heard of or read about before. And definitely no stipulations to what sort of upgrade you will accept.

Someone is feeding you a real line of *%^&* on this one I am afraid. :(

Did you book a GTY AD Category? If not, you should have gotten your cabin assignment when you changed your booking. And Toto is correct, you can't mark a GTY with a no-upgrade as it kind of defeats the purpose of a GTY.

I made the booking thru Princess as I have done before, and yes I've always had an assigned cabin immediately. I had balcony R625 way up and requested on phone for Mini. wait listed. Got E-mail just after final payment was made, for a guar. A/D for an exta $300+- called Princess, accepted, and the rep. confirmed guar. and said he could put on the account no upgrades unless to full suite. Didn't sound like that would be too complicated! We are on pins and needles, not knowing, but sooo ready and just thrilled to be going as it's been over a year!!! Thanks so much for your replys.

I made the booking thru Princess as I have done before, and yes I've always had an assigned cabin immediately. I had balcony R625 way up and requested on phone for Mini. wait listed. Got E-mail just after final payment was made, for a guar. A/D for an exta $300+- called Princess, accepted, and the rep. confirmed guar. and said he could put on the account no upgrades unless to full suite. Didn't sound like that would be too complicated! We are on pins and needles, not knowing, but sooo ready and just thrilled to be going as it's been over a year!!! Thanks so much for your replys.

You will definitely end up in a mini suite, I would just not count on it being an AD since you booked a guarantee. And honestly, there is no way for them to mark your booking that you will only accept an upgrade to a full suite, I don't care what the Princess rep said on the phone. Since you are in a guarantee mini AD, there are three categories above your guarantee that you could end up in, and the three above it do not have a covered balcony. So, as long as you just want to make sure you are in a mini suite, you will be fine.

Have a great cruise and post back when you get your cabin assignment, please. ;)

Archived