Ecstasy passengers to get two extra days of vacation

sdmike

I just saw that the Ecstasy is going to dock in Galveston two days later than normal just to stay a safe distance from Gustav. I guess that's the silver lining, huh? However, I'm sure it screws up the schedules of the folks that were scheduled to depart Galveston today on the ship.

I just saw that the Ecstasy is going to dock in Galveston two days later than normal just to stay a safe distance from Gustav. I guess that's the silver lining, huh? However, I'm sure it screws up the schedules of the folks that were scheduled to depart Galveston today on the ship.

Yep...But they are getting a good deal as far as compensation goes...IMHO....And they can choose to do the Cruise to nowhere on Wed if they choose.....:)

I'd love to get "stuck" on board for a couple of extra days - however what happens to those on board who had flights booked - especially if they did not book their air through the cruise line ?

This is a good reason to purchase travel insurance. (I would love to be "stuck" relaxing on the Lido Deck for a couple extra days...but would hate to be the passenger waiting for the ship to come in and pick me up.)

I know someone who is on the Ecstasy and she is not happy with having to stay out. The ship is hanging out down around Brownsville (southern tip of Texas). It has been an extremely bumpy ride so far. She has a nine month old baby at home and misses her terribly....she is on a "girls" cruise. Now her DH is having to take two days more off work to watch the baby. You just never know how things are going to work out. What a disappointment for those scheduled to leave today.:(

I know someone who is on the Ecstasy and she is not happy with having to stay out. The ship is hanging out down around Brownsville (southern tip of Texas). It has been an extremely bumpy ride so far. She has a nine month old baby at home and misses her terribly....she is on a "girls" cruise. Now her DH is having to take two days more off work to watch the baby. You just never know how things are going to work out. What a disappointment for those scheduled to leave today.:(

Im sure there are some dissapointed and a lot that are jumping for joy. Give me 50% off my cruise and 50% off a future cruise and that would go a long way to making up for missed 2 days of my cruise.

Count me in the "let me be this disappointed again" group! LOL

Yup, the refund and discount more than makes up for the missed ports, to hubby and I.

AMEN!!! We are having a great time at Harbor House and will continue the party on Wednesday!!! woo hoo!!

We were about to book a 5 day in January 2009...but had not done it yet. This 50% discount on that cruise will be NICE!!!

:p

Im sure there are some dissapointed and a lot that are jumping for joy. Give me 50% off my cruise and 50% off a future cruise and that would go a long way to making up for missed 2 days of my cruise.

Yep, I agree with you firefly, someone is gonna be very happy and someone is not so happy. I think it would be neat to have 2 free days at sea. If it's bumpy, take a pill. :rolleyes:

I just got an email offer from Carnival for a $99 three day cruise out or Galveston starting tomorrow (9/3). I live in the Dallas area so I imagine it went out to past cruisers that could drive to the port.

Jerry

I'd love to get "stuck" on board for a couple of extra days - however what happens to those on board who had flights booked - especially if they did not book their air through the cruise line ?

The airlines are not flying into the ports either. If the ship can't get back you can bet that the airport is cancelling flights too! We had 3 extra nights during Hurricane Frances. Jet blue was MORE THAN GRACIOUS when rebooking for the day that we FINALLY arrived back, at a different airport no less as Port Canaveral sustaianed damage. Jet Blue easily accomodated us and then even had enough forsight to realize that it was not just us who were in need but every other passenger that was booked on Jet bLue as well. Thus, they knew to schedule extra flights for that afternoon as the Florida airports had been closed for a few days.!!

Those in this situation should not even give it a thought, just call the airline when you get within cell phone reach and they will work it out. It also doesn't hurt to book a room for the night should the airline not be able to fly you home that day. We booked a room which I knew I could cancel and did so as soon as I found out we could fly home that day. Hotels work with you as well. As a final thought, you can cruise Disney and then they will offer you a variety of choices, one being a day or 2 gratis at the parks. That too was one of our choices but we had to get the kids to school!

Keep documents for the insurance and remember that everything will work out, unless of course you are scheduled to perform brain surgery and they can't function without you!:D :D :D :D Just joking of course!!!!

Archived