$14.95 for STEAK???

Gracie115

I think you have to consider as well, that the VAST majority of cruisers are not CC members. They rely on the information printed in the brochures and on RCCL's website. Those resources BOTH clearly state that all meals in the MDR are included.

I have not tried this, but I also suspect that if you were to call RCCL and tell the agent that you are sailing on Freedom next week and wanted to confirm that all meals in the MDR are included, they would assure you they were. As I said, this is just my hunch, so I may be wrong.

Jim

The website used to say Johnny Rocket's was included in the cruise fare long after a charge was instituted. Customer reps were saying it was included even as people were coming back here and reporting a charge. The website says voyager class ships have a covered solarium... which they do not. Customer reps even have the nerve to say don't believe everything that you read on Cruise Critic. I have been told that personally.

So I guess the point is if you want true information you had better come here to C.C.... and.... don't believe everything that you are told by an RCI rep or believe everything you read on their website.:D

okay, how about this then...

I just checked our Monarch sailng in March... Monarch does not have a Chops... The website says "most meals" included... is this new verbiage??? I don't know... I never really paid attention before... my brochure also indicates "most meals", however, I attribute that to be verbiage that covers ships which include specialty dining...

to be honest, it's not clearly stated WHERE (as in, which venue) your meals are included in the price...

I don't bring this up to be argumentative or to in any way justify a charge for steak... just something I noticed and wondered about after reading your post...

Monarch does, however, have a paid sushi restaurant, so that would explain why "most" meals are covered. And some people consider ice cream to be a meal, so that also covers the charge for Ben & Jerry's.:)

WOW!! I still cant believe that this thread is still alive...

I can't believe I just breathed an extra breath of air into its lungs either :p

I know what you mean - for us "lurkers" it's kind of like a highway car accident - you just gotta keep looking :eek: :D :eek:

Kinda reminds me of those formal attire threads you used to love so much, jc. ;) :D . I guess we're all suckers for some form of wasted mental energy...... :o

LOL. I haven't seen a formal attire, booze smuggling, or smoking thread since this one started!! Everyone must be too busy. ;) :D

Kinda reminds me of those formal attire threads you used to love so much, jc. ;) :D . I guess we're all suckers for some form of wasted mental energy...... :o

I know that those were/are a waste of mental energy... which is why I gave HUCC (g*d rest his soul) so much grief about why he started a poll on the topic every other day, as they went the way that this thread will soon go.;)

Sigh, HUCC and Folgy, both gone.:(

jc

Don would make a fun tablemate in the MDR, wouldn't he?:D

And I'm glad for the previous poster who suggested writing to RCL. That's what I suggested. You will not only be able to register your disapproval but PERHAPS get a response as to what their reasons are and what their future plans are. Oh, well - that would be too easy, I guess. Rather speculate and blame.

I couldn't pay enough for that to happen. I wonder how long he would actually sit at the table. We'll be on Adventure next month, and Serenade in Jan. If he had a cruise booked, I'd love to change mine, just to get the chance.icon12.gif

Let's see Cruise $1299, Steak $14.95, dinner in MDR w/Don, Priceless

And lets not forget the Johnny Rocket's threads, too!:D :D

Did you notice who is right in the thick of this one, too. I think he has already cancelled a cruise because of this thread.:D Some things never ever change, not in a million years.:eek:

jc

Cool, you boycotters are going to make my future cruises almost free, since there will be so many of you, they may actually pay me to cruise!:p

What a waste of mental energy this thread is.:D

jc

Yet you keep coming here and belittling others. Looks like you have more posts than anyone else here. So why waste your mental energy, guess it makes you feel important. Go for it jc.

Nope, I don't feel important, Brad Ole buddy. I feel amazed at how things become so important in the universe of CC. I mean charging for food has become a reason to boycott the cruiseline. Just like Johnny Rockets. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Hey folks! Here is a bit of shocking news! Hang on this is earth shattering. RCI exists for one reason, and that reason is not to provide you an amazing holiday!

scroll important life changing understanding is never free....:p

IT EXISTS TO MAKE MONEY. THE MANAGEMENT HAS A FIDUCIARY RESPONSIBLITY TO ME TO MAKE MONEY! :D

I AM NOT KIDDING YOU! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. :D

jc

Nope, I don't feel important, Brad Ole buddy. I feel amazed at how things become so important in the universe of CC. I mean charging for food has become a reason to boycott the cruiseline. Just like Johnny Rockets. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Hey folks! Here is a bit of shocking news! Hang on this is earth shattering. RCI exists for one reason, and that reason is not to provide you an amazing holiday!

scroll important life changing understanding is never free....:p

IT EXISTS TO MAKE MONEY. THE MANAGEMENT HAS A FIDUCIARY RESPONSIBLITY TO ME TO MAKE MONEY! :D

I AM NOT KIDDING YOU! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. :D

jc

You've lost it my boy. Your way out of line with your constant put downs of everyone, and its people like you that gets threads shut. If people want to discuss a topic let them. If you want to add your opinion go ahead, but my adivce, quit making fun of everyone who you dont agree with. Not sure who put you in charge of the boards.

Brad...

I noticed that in your countdown clocks for upcoming cruises you cancelled a Mariner cruise stating the steak charge... yet you didn't cancel the other RC cruise ... just curious as to why...

Also, the steak charge isn't fleetwide, so is the cancellation just being pro-active because you are assuming by June of next year that there will be a charge for steak on all ships???

As of yet, the only reports of steak charge that I am aware of have been on Freedom and Majesty...

Furthermore, since Celebrity is owned by RCI, are you not concerned that this will transpire on that line also...

I guess what I'm getting at here is that if someone wanted to boycott Royal Caribbean to make a statement about the steak charge... shouldn't that boycott also include Celebrity????

I mean, ultimately, giving your money to a Celebrity ship is giving your money to RCI as a corporate entity, right???

As a consumer, when I'm not happy with the way a company is doing business, I boycott the entire business... I don't want any of my money helping their bottom line...

(or jc's for that matter...;) :p )

hopefully we can continue our discussion either for or against without the negative personal comments

If you REALLY felt that way you would not attack anyone else even JC. You can not have it both ways. The minute you make a bad comment to anyone else about their behavoir you are guilty of the same thing.

And a boycott only works when #1 someone even notices, and #2 if they even care. It only serves to limit your own choices. It is like the people who have feuds and grudges their whole life, the only people harmed are those holding the grudges, turns the anger inwards.

Have a wonderful day:D

The other future cruises have my dad, brother and his family and friends going or are paid for (October. 08). The only cruise with just my family was June 09 on the mariner.

My wife said if I wanted to cancel go ahead as long as she has an alternative vacation. We decided on Hawaii instead.

I felt better. As for Jan 10 Oasis, I will wait and see.

I couldn't pay enough for that to happen. I wonder how long he would actually sit at the table. We'll be on Adventure next month, and Serenade in Jan. If he had a cruise booked, I'd love to change mine, just to get the chance.icon12.gif

Let's see Cruise $1299, Steak $14.95, dinner in MDR w/Don, Priceless

Too funny!!:D

Perhaps it's time to allow this thread to die peacefully and go off into the great beyond of cyberspace. There's no $14.95 charge for that - at least for now!

Awwww, but look at all you get here: 497 therapeutic posts, prove it. And there has always been a thread on this board, to let those who wish, a place to vent. It will die, but something will come to replace it.

As a consumer, when I'm not happy with the way a company is doing business, I boycott the entire business... I don't want any of my money helping their bottom line...

(or jc's for that matter... :p )

Darn it! My bottom line is very important to me! :D

Fortunately, my stock is an IRA that I probably won't live long enough to cash! Of course my wife's second husband will probably buy a bunch of Chops steaks with it when they cash in the IRA! :D Talk about irony!;) Further irony would be if Connecticut or Brad were to meet my wife on a future cruise and they were to get married after I take a dirtnap, and one of them will eat my Chops steaks! :eek:

In the meantime, we will continue to watch As the Chops Steaks Turns here at CC TV! Hopefully, we can step off our soap box long enough to see the humor that abounds in this thread.;)

jc

Archived