Split Croatia

We took a ship's excursion to a medieval walled city of Trogir which was wonderfull. We bought some delicious local figs and cherries at the outdoor market outside the city walls (they accepted kuna, euro and dollars). I believe you can also take a local bus from Split to Trogir (we would do that next time to have more time in Trogir).

Split has a beautiful promenade with cafes and restaurants where you can spend couple of hours people watching. Diocletian's Palace was also very interesting. We enjoyed Split.

There is a small grocery store by the entrance to the port where you can restock on water, beer, wine etc (they only accept kunas).

Split isn't touristy at all or inundated with visitors, nor is Trogir. Trogir has a pleasant waterfront and a beautiful church. We did a ship tour that handled both and was relatively cheap. Both places have nice flea markets. Prices for most everything are the cheapest you'll probably see on your whole trip for many things.

Les

We did a land tour in Croatia this past May and spent 2 full days in Split.

On our website we have photos of Split and the Rick Steve's Video just go into the photo section and the where we've been section.

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

If you would like you can email through our website and I will send you our Sights to See list!

Dubrovnik is wonderful, but I promise you will enjoy Split!

Archived